Asus ROG Ally Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus ROG Ally Support

Hello, I am thinking about pre-ordering the ROG Ally. Just want to check if Rewasd plans to support this system with the additional back buttons.

Thank you.

Hi.

At the moment it is difficult to promise anything, since this device has not even gone on sale.
    If the console is in X-input mode, then there is a chance that reWASD will be able to detect the built-in controller as an Xbox 360.
    But in order to talk about support for additional buttons, we will need real experience with this console.​

Comment

Thank you for the response, sounds promising and in your radar.

Comment

Hello, I can confirm that Rewasd shows the Ally built in controller as a Xbox 360 controller. I have Rewasd installed on the Ally. Hopefully you are able to add paddle support for this device.

Thank you.

Comment

Has anyone gotten reWASD to work on ROG Ally with PS remote play? I just tried and unfortunately couldn't get it to work.

Comment

Is there a problem initializing the built-in console controller in reWASD, or is the virtual controller not working only in PS Remote Play?

Comment

So, I can map everything easily with reWASD, but when I open a game Armory Crate SE has its own mapping that they run. It seems this has priority over reWASD. So the turbo button I have made will not work.

Comment

Hi. Asus ROG Ally is not supported by reWASD yet. No related information is available at the moment.

Comment

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
                  Hi. Asus ROG Ally is not supported by reWASD yet. No related information is available at the moment.
                  Hey strokel, love the "yet". Does that confirm the devs got an Ally to start developing on? I am excited for the Ally as a support device

Comment

We have plans to purchase and investigate this device, but we cannot promise anything at the moment.

Comment

Er. I got the ally wording with REWASD!
                      Then again this was only on desktop mode so I don't know if in game if the asus software overrides rewasd as the person says above.
                      Last edited by Mrcellophane1978; 21.06.2023, 14:48.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sparda0485 View Post
                        So, I can map everything easily with reWASD, but when I open a game Armory Crate SE has its own mapping that they run. It seems this has priority over reWASD. So the turbo button I have made will not work.
                        I have not had any issue with turbo mapped to a main button on the built in controller.

I did however have issues with a external elite 2 controller not working on Diablo 4. I have fixed the issue by disabling Embedded Controler, then connect the external controller. Seems if you connect external while Embedded is enabled, it over rides.

Comment

I am trying to map the command center and armory crate buttons to the lower paddles and the upper paddles being the rear buttons of the Ally on my Elite Series 2. What does the Ally Classify the built in armory crate and Command center buttons as? What do they classify or name their rear bumpers? If you could mimic this on the elite, I think theoretically you could leave the system docked indefinitely. Maybe can do a combo keybind but that might only open armory crate and not function like the buttons on the ally that are built In. What I’m asking may not be feasible yet.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is currently not feasible as Asus ROG Ally is not officially supported in reWASD.

Stay tuned!

Comment

I’ll stay tuned for sure. This would be a game-changer.

Originally Posted by strokel View Post
                              Unfortunately, this is currently not feasible as Asus ROG Ally is not officially supported in reWASD.

Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                              X