Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Option to select which controller will be Primary Controller

Hi,

I'm using a Handheld windows device which have a integrated controller. When on Docked mode and using external Controller some games won't let me play using external controller due to it recognised integrated one as primary. And I have to disable integrated one, turn off external then turn on again external controller so it will be a primary one to play. and when I leave dock mode, I have to do the same for integrated one.

It's quite a troublesome process so It could be nice to have an option to check & choose which controller is a primary one (automatically do above process), and make sure when external one will be primary on connected & vice-versa integrated will be primary when external one disconnected.

Thank you

Hello. Your case is quite specific, so I would suggest you the following workaround in case you are remapping your externally connected controller via reWASD:
    Group your built-in and connected controller in reWASD.
    Then make sure this option is enabled in reWASD Preferences:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	240177
    And apply the config to your newly created group.

Thus, reWASD should hide 2 physical controllers in the system and instead of them, one virtual reWASD controller will appear.
    Hope this helps.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
      Hello. Your case is quite specific, so I would suggest you the following workaround in case you are remapping your externally connected controller via reWASD:
      Group your built-in and connected controller in reWASD.
      Then make sure this option is enabled in reWASD Preferences:

Name:	image.png
Views:	131
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	240177
      And apply the config to your newly created group.

Thus, reWASD should hide 2 physical controllers in the system and instead of them, one virtual reWASD controller will appear.
      Hope this helps.​
      Hi, thanks for replying but the problem is I still need physical controller of handheld to use some special function of handheld which actually when group and hide it I cannot access that function anymore. Or anywhere I can make exception list that which app it is not hidden from? Like hidhide which I can specify which app is excluded?

Comment

Ok just tested that even group both device (with external controller a first stand) but the game still not recognize my external controller (and also not recognize my integrated controller). I still have to disconnect both first and reconnect my external controller again.

Comment

reWASD hides the physical controller completely.

As an option, you could try to use Autodetect feature. The config will be applied only while the chosen application is in focus. Please note that you can choose several .exe files for a profile, but you can’t choose one .exe file for two profiles.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
            reWASD hides the physical controller completely.

As an option, you could try to use Autodetect feature. The config will be applied only while the chosen application is in focus. Please note that you can choose several .exe files for a profile, but you can’t choose one .exe file for two profiles.
            Yea I know that's function but that's not the case. Thanks anyway

Comment

I think in your case, there is no option that would allow you to select which controller will be the primary.
              The only solution would be to group the controllers and replace them both with one virtual one, which I wrote about earlier.

Yes, you will lose the special function of the built-in controller, but I don’t see any other option here.

The question is, why don't games see the emulated controller in this case? It is quite possible that this is due to the hidhide (if you have it installed).

1. Please send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your config on it.
              2. Check if our virtual controller works in the tester.​

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
                I think in your case, there is no option that would allow you to select which controller will be the primary.
                The only solution would be to group the controllers and replace them both with one virtual one, which I wrote about earlier.

Yes, you will lose the special function of the built-in controller, but I don’t see any other option here.

The question is, why don't games see the emulated controller in this case? It is quite possible that this is due to the hidhide (if you have it installed).

1. Please send a screenshot of the full reWASD window with your config on it.
                2. Check if our virtual controller works in the tester.​

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-26 220740.png
Views:	134
Size:	669.4 KB
ID:	240253

Both Physic & Virtual work with gamepad test, only happened in game such as Diablo 4, God of War. The way I can make it work like I said, Disable/Disconnect both first, and reconnect which one that I want to play game. I still can enable the 2nd one later to make it work both outside of game. Just the game only recognized which one is connected first (even before the game started), so I think it's related to which one is primary controller and game only recognize primary controller. That's why I request a function to specify which one is Primary Controller by Disable all controller, renable Primary one & renable all other controller back after Primary one enabled.

Comment

We will consider adding this feature in the future.

Comment

Working...
                  X