Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else getting concerned with reWASD being associated with cheating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by jeynos View Post
    Another update:
    EA Anti-Cheat, now used in Battlefield 2042 and Battlefield V, is now blocking the game from running if reWASD is detected as installed. reWASD does not have to be running, it still stops the game from running even if the program is closed. This is similar to COD's blocking.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-02 115821.png Views:	8 Size:	277.7 KB ID:	242742

It is now becoming impractical to remain a reWASD user if you actively play multiplayer shooters at all. I wish reWASD had reacted to the rising tide of people using their program to cheat much sooner, and evaded being targeted by these companies.
    This is really sad news, I use rewasd to map a PlayStation move navigation controller to keyboard. I use it mainly to help mitigate pain I have in my left hand. No cheating no bs. This is devastating news really. I've been playing battlefield franchise since 2011.

Do the dev of reWASD have a plan to fix the situation?? please this needs to be addressed. I've sent an email to EA with a complaint and joined the forum here as well. please help.​

Comment

Originally Posted by Baker1212 View Post

This is really sad news, I use rewasd to map a PlayStation move navigation controller to keyboard. I use it mainly to help mitigate pain I have in my left hand. No cheating no bs. This is devastating news really. I've been playing battlefield franchise since 2011.

Do the dev of reWASD have a plan to fix the situation?? please this needs to be addressed. I've sent an email to EA with a complaint and joined the forum here as well. please help.​
      I can't give you any time frame, but we will try to solve this issue.

P.S. It's really cool that you contacted EA personally!​

Comment

I found out that you can stop the reWASD service in task manager after exiting the program and this allows BF2042/BFV to be playable again (obviously without reWASD) which is at least some consolation that the entire program doesn't have to be uninstalled to continue playing these games using EA Anti-Cheat.

Comment

I found out that you can stop the reWASD service in task manager after exiting the program and this allows BF2042/BFV to be playable again (obviously without reWASD) which is at least some consolation that the entire program doesn't have to be uninstalled to continue playing these games using EA Anti-Cheat.
          I finalized rewasdService in task manager and I able to get in battlefield 2042, but unfortunately the PS5 controller do not get recognized in the game. Last week was working good with rewasd. Plese rewasd team you going to fix this issue or is not possible?

Comment

As 1ncorrect mentioned in a few messages above, we'll try to solve this issue, but we have no ETA. Thank you for understanding.

Comment

This worked, thank you.
              The main argument against reWASD is that you can have aim assist and mouse control.... whats hilarious is that I plugged in an xbox controller for the pc via usb cable... I was able to remap the left side of the controller via BF2042 menu, im able to use my mouse as well at the same time, didn't check for aim assist but the Xbox controller and mouse can be used at the same time.

I'm able to replicate the Playstation move navigation controller (reWasd)... I basically like to eliminate the keyboard by mapping essentials to the ps move controller and use mouse at the same time..... I can basically do the same thing with left side of Xbox controller it's just annoying to hold compared to ps move controller.

I'm assuming reWASD devs already in contact with EA? Let them know a lot of people use remapping due to accessibility issues. For example for me using keyboard causes pain in my left hand. Controller does not.
              thanks

Comment

Solution using Steam:

Before you do this, you have to finish each rewasd process. Go to task manager, go to details tab, and close/finish each of rewasd process. Them do the next steps.

Found a solution for PS5 controller. You can connect by bluetooth the PS5 on computer. Open steam, go to configuration and go to controller. It will detect your PS5 dual sense controller. You can configure the way you want. Ok, now, you have to add in your steam library a "not steam game", and when you try to open BF 2042 in steam, it will configure your dual sense controller. Working good here
                Last edited by s4lezardv; Yesterday, 01:43.

Comment

This worked, thank you.
                  The main argument against reWASD is that you can have aim assist and mouse control.... whats hilarious is that I plugged in an xbox controller for the pc via usb cable... I was able to remap the left side of the controller via BF2042 menu, im able to use my mouse as well at the same time, didn't check for aim assist but the Xbox controller and mouse can be used at the same time.

I'm able to replicate the Playstation move navigation controller (reWasd)... I basically like to eliminate the keyboard by mapping essentials to the ps move controller and use mouse at the same time..... I can basically do the same thing with left side of Xbox controller it's just annoying to hold compared to ps move controller.

I'm assuming reWASD devs already in contact with EA? Let them know a lot of people use remapping due to accessibility issues. For example for me using keyboard causes pain in my left hand. Controller does not.
                  thanks
                  Does warzone work with this if u havd REWASD installed?

Comment

At the moment, Warzone is not running if reWASD is installed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                      At the moment, Warzone is not running if reWASD is installed.
                      (((( this is so saddening. Cant use REWASD cause dont want to keep unistalling it all the time

Comment

There is a plan to fix it in the next update.
                        Stay tuned

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
                          There is a plan to fix it in the next update.
                          Stay tuned
                          update with rewasd application? Time frame?

Comment

update with rewasd application? Time frame?
                            I don’t want to jinx it, but we hope next week.

Comment

Working...
                            X