Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great software!

Hello!

I just installed reWASD to test it on my Xbox One controller, and it's rly amazing. I had to buy its full licence. Xbox One wireless driver is bugged on Win7 and now I made it work by plugging it on USB cable, and finally I can use it, and reWASD detects it nicely.

I loved how I can map the xbox button to something else and unmap it. IDK if it would create issue if it was wireless, considering this button is used to turn it on, but for now I don't use it for anything and Steam insists to ask for attention when it's pressed. Now it's gone and Steam didn't even notice lol

I'm gonna use it ATM in Dolphin emulator with Mario Galaxy. Emulating wiimote is always troubling. In this game I'm using Rstick to simulate IR pointing and that makes ABXY buttons useless, and I had to map original wiimote buttons to shoulders and triggers. That includes a button to emulate shaking the wiimote, which is the 2nd most used command on the game...

reWASD allowed me to map the same wiimote command to 2 controllers buttons, so that I can use the intuitive A button to jump, and at the same time use L shoulder to jump too, when my thumb is busy to use A.

I also tried the virtual controller for turbo and toggle... omg it's IMPRESSIVE! I've never seen a software on PC or a 3rd party gamepad of any sort do such things so nicely and flexibly!!

Unmap option is really great, letting us choose if the original button will bind with the custom map or if original button will be disabled.

The unique limitation I see here is on games and not on reWASD itself. Some games insist on recognizing only keyboard+mouse or gamepad at a given time. Dolphin has this issue, I'm having trouble to make it work to bind save state commands to keyboard and wiimote to gamepad. Some times one works and sometimes the other. I had to use reWASD to remap back and start buttons to keyboard buttons, and now I think I finally made them all work together!

I see some points of improvements, I'll suggest to help make it even better:

- a default profile to bind all buttons to keyboard would help
    - a UX issue, it's not intuitive how to remove bind from a button and turn it back to its original behavior, it's very frustrating to be testing reWASD and just get a button stop working and don't know how to undo the mess
    - talking about it, undo command to turn back from previous changes would be great
    - not a priority for sure, but it would be nice to have a tutorial separte app, teaching its features and at the same time showing the effect of any button pressed! I'm using joy.cpl to make tests, but reWASD is indeed not intuitive to learn. Or at least make some tutorial videos.
    - and of course support Razer Wolverine! I saw those 2 threads explaining that their extra buttons can't be recognized to be rebound, but let's not lose the hope!

Hello,

It so great to read such detailed feedback about our software. We do appreciate it and will take into the account your suggestions!
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Tnx. I forgot to include the main suggestion. Allow binding keyboard and mouse keys to virtual controller!

AHK is aswesome alrdy for rebinding keyboard and mouse keys. It also has the option of keeping original key action or disabling it. But AHK doesn't support binding them to gamepad keys.

That happens because how Windows handles keyboard and gamepads. For Windows, we can connect 10 keyboards and they will all be presented to apps as a single keyboard. But if we connect 2 gamepads they will be presented as 2 separate ones. AHK experts say it'd need precisely to create a virtual gamepad to make bindings.

I always believed it could have some way to set one of existing gamepads to bind keys. But reWASD just made the virtual gamepad that AHK always claimed to need and never implemented. It'd be great if a keyboard key, including one triggered by AHK, would be intercepted by reWASD and generate a key action on its virtual gamepad.

Comment

Could you please tell me more about your case? What do you want to achieve as a final goal? As I understand, you create some scripts with AutoHotkey software. Do you want to bind them to controller buttons? Or do you want to use controller buttons inside your scripts?

Comment

I have some global AHK scripts that I use on all apps, and a few that I use on specific apps and games.

For some examples, I have some that bring focus to MPC and send commands like play, pause, rewind, etc. In Oblivion, I have one that kills it if it's running, so I don't need to go to Task Manager to do it.

The idea in this context is to make keyboard and gamepad more intercheagable. As I said, some games and emulators handle them as 2 different worlds, ignoring one while listening to the other.

AHK is able to intercept gamepad buttons and bind them to keyboard keys. I suppose AHK just ignores gamepad IDs and handle them all the same, I've never tried multiple gamepads with it.

But when a game only accepts gamepad inputs, AHK is useless, because it'd need to create a virtual gamepad to bind its buttons.

reWASD has its virtual gamepad, so if it could intercept keyboard buttons as it does with gamepad, it'd be able to remap keyboard buttons into its virtual gamepad. It'd allow to use keyboard to send actions to games that are only accepting gamepad inputs. Intercept actions from both gamepad, keyboard and mouse and send them all to its virtual gamepad, so that games understand it's all coming from a single device. And that includes actions and macros done by AHK.

I know it's a huge development effort. reWASD means to take actions from gamepad and map them back to keyboard. It'd be a reGAMEPAD to take actions from keyboard and map them back to gamepad. Still, it has all the features for remapping, autofire, macro, virtual gamepad, etc. If it could listen to keyboard and offer all its exiting features to keyboard remapping, it would be awesome.

Comment

Actually, we are planning to add keyboard and mouse support to reWASD. That means you will be able to assign any keyboard, mouse or virtual gamepad actions to your physical keyboard. Rapid Fire, Combo, Activators, Shortcuts and Shift mode will be ready to use not only on the controller. Also, more macro features will be added to our Combo Editor. I hope this functionality will help you use reWASD even without AHK.

This is truly a big thing to do, so I won't tell you the exact release day right now, but I can assure you that this release is going to be ready in a few months. That is great to know that we are already working on something that you need

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
              Actually, we are planning to add keyboard and mouse support to reWASD. That means you will be able to assign any keyboard, mouse or virtual gamepad actions to your physical keyboard. Rapid Fire, Combo, Activators, Shortcuts and Shift mode will be ready to use not only on the controller. Also, more macro features will be added to our Combo Editor. I hope this functionality will help you use reWASD even without AHK.

This is truly a big thing to do, so I won't tell you the exact release day right now, but I can assure you that this release is going to be ready in a few months. That is great to know that we are already working on something that you need
              I'm sorry but I'm not sure you understand what AHK is used by a lot of us for.

AHK provides a scripting language and a way to search the screen space for image patterns with imprecise matching tolerances.

But AHK cannot emulate true hardware keystrokes and button presses, which makes it useless for many games and similar applications.

ReWASD can do the hardware keystroke/button emulation, but does not have scripting language or ability to search the screen space for image patterns.

These two tools really need to be able to talk to each other so that we can have scriptable hardware emulated keystrokes and button presses.

I'd ask that your devs prioritize implementing virtual input detection (such as that provided by AHK) as an option within reWASD.

Then, reWASD will be an ultimate tool.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally Posted by DrunkSkeeterPilot View Post
                AHK provides a scripting language and a way to search the screen space for image patterns with imprecise matching tolerances.
                While this is kind of awesome on its own, we all know how players will actually use this feature, and given that reWASD would be "an end point" of this, it could lead to our app getting blacklisted as a cheating software. And we don't want that.

Though we will consider adding detection of deviceless input or some kind of alternative in the future.

Comment

Working...
                X