Clear All

• reWASDer
    replied
    Thanks for letting me know! Have the great gaming experience

Leave a comment:

• kuhlsnu
    replied
    Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
    Would be grateful if you try! To see the axes range setting, go to Advanced settings for the chosen stick. I hope it will allow you to get a bit smoother behavior.

Changing the size of the angle in the advanced settings were the trick. I increased the size so the lateral movements didn’t take over.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Would be grateful if you try! To see the axes range setting, go to Advanced settings for the chosen stick. I hope it will allow you to get a bit smoother behavior.

Leave a comment:

• kuhlsnu
    replied
    Let me try and see again if up and left/right produces a 45 degree angle. That’s what you’re saying it does but I swear it feels like I’m either going forward or I’m going left/right. No in between. Forward feels like it gets a 90 degree angle and when I get past 91 degrees it switches to the next cardinal direction.

If you were to add a diagonal programmable angle then I could bind the keys myself but from what you’re telling me it’s supposed to already be doing that.

I think you're right about creating a pulsation gradient to emulate an analog joystick would be the next step.

I really do wish someone would create a nice left handed joystick so these PC games could benefit from the fluid dynamics of analog movement. It’s so much more precise in movement speed and directions.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Hello!

reWASD combines WASD movements for the diagonals. So, when you move your stick directly up, you get pure "W". If you move it up and left, you get "W"+"A" pressed together. Using the vertical and horizontal axes range, you can adjust the pure and mixed movement. Most PC games doesn't have special keys for the diagonals, so this is a limitation of a game I think.

We are planning to improve the stick behavior in the future releases and add pulsation to emulate the analog movement of a stick for keyboard mappings. It will reproduce faster keyboard presses while you push your stick to the edge and slower ones when your stick is around the deadzone. I hope this will make them more natural.

Do you want to add additional mappings for the diagonals? Let's say when you move a stick to left+up, you got "Q" or something like this?

Leave a comment:

• kuhlsnu
    started a topic Feature request - 8 directional movement

Feature request - 8 directional movement

Hi, I think this is a fantastic product by the way. It does, however, suffer from the same ailment that many previous softwares have suffered and that being that here are only 4 keys directions for the joystick.

PC and WASD movement is notoriously rigid but people still get by with enjoyable gameplay and no company has desired to R&D a product that allows more degrees of movement because WASD is sufficient, BUT the reason it's sufficient isn't that it provides for cardinal directions of movement, it's that it allows for 8 directions of movement. Each lateral key is combined with each forward/backward key to make a 4th direction.

Please, if you've gotta heart, I love PC gaming, I hate the keyboard for movement but 4 directions is not enough, there needs to be 8 quadrants of 45 degrees. Gameplay will be fluid and I guarantee people will be happier.

Thanks for the consideration.

PS I bought the $20 version this shits so good but 4 movements playing FPS games are making me insane.
Working...
X