Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repetition delay when holding a button hurts my PC, help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    Probably, you have a special setting, and our preset feels wrong What about making it as a Slider...We will talk about it with our team.

If I understood you correctly, and you want to press each button at a different frequency, you should use the Turbo feature. That permits you to press the mapped key or sequence repetitively with the adjustable pause between presses. I would appreciate it if you explain how you want to possibility to set the repeat rate on every button/key/stick/etc. if I got you wrong.

Rotation, vertical axis range, horizontal axis range, and response have an influence on the sticks to keyboard or mouse functions. What doesn't work as expected
    Thank you for your suggestion. This is not possible to achieve in the current version of reWASD, but we are already working on this feature and will let you know if there is any news.
    Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post
      Hello
      Probably, you have a special setting, and our preset feels wrong What about making it as a Slider...We will talk about it with our team.

If I understood you correctly, and you want to press each button at a different frequency, you should use the Turbo feature. That permits you to press the mapped key or sequence repetitively with the adjustable pause between presses. I would appreciate it if you explain how you want to possibility to set the repeat rate on every button/key/stick/etc. if I got you wrong.

Rotation, vertical axis range, horizontal axis range, and response have an influence on the sticks to keyboard or mouse functions. What doesn't work as expected
      Thank you for your suggestion. This is not possible to achieve in the current version of reWASD, but we are already working on this feature and will let you know if there is any news.
      Stay tuned.

If you
      - map a button/stick/trigger to a keyboard and mouse function
      - press down a button or a stick, and keep it pressed down
      - the mapped action should start repeating. But you should be able to set the repeat speed individually for every button.

So if you
      - map the left stick of a PS5 controller to the directional arrows of the keyboard,
      - you go to a text field,
      - you move the stick→ the cursor should move with a speed that you can configure in reWASD (repeat speed).

At the same time, you should be able to set the right stick to volume up/down, the speed of the volume up/down should be independent from the speed of the arrows on the other stick.

Comment

Hello!
        In reWASD, you can add a turbo and the frequency of its pressing for each button separately.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_1.png
Views:	154
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	232836

We added the speed settings for the stick remapped to arrows to the to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Originally Posted by RAM Stealer View Post
          Hello!
          In reWASD, you can add a turbo and the frequency of its pressing for each button separately.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_1.png Views:	0 Size:	103.7 KB ID:	232836

We added the speed settings for the stick remapped to arrows to the to-do list. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

As I mentioned, I use the sticks for volume up/down and for arrows (which are used mainly to skip forward/back 5 seconds in video players like YouTube). This is because my gaming PC is also an HTPC. So the Dualsense gets remapped for HTPC purposes most of the time.

At the moment, I find it kind of difficult to precisely change the volume and skip. The sticks repeat the mapped keyboard keys too fast and I also often skip twice, when I meant to skip once. I suppose this means that the speed is too high and that the delay before starting repeating is too short.

I suppose that a configurable curve for the repeat speed of the sticks, when mapped to digital input, would solve most of the issue. Maybe also a slider to configure the delay before the first repeat starts.

PS
          I did not have similar problems using DS4Windows or Steam for remapping. So they either have these options, or their default is better for this kind of use. (they have other problems, though)
          Last edited by HailAlistair; 05.07.2022, 13:23.

Comment

Working...
          X