No announcement yet.

How to completely uninstall Rewasd 5.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to completely uninstall Rewasd 5.0?

Hello,
    After updating to version 5.0 it told me that I needed to install some new drivers which I did. During the installation of said drivers all of my other USB devices (keyboard, mouse and HOTAS) started turning off then on again and then it asked me to reboot my PC. After reboot I immediately noticed a problem with SteamVR. When SteamVR launches I get absolutely no input from either my HOTAS or Xbox controller. After fiddling around I found that in Steam app if I go to Settings>Controller then click on any controller related menu and then just close it without applying any settings I get my input back. Same if I launch Big Picture.
    This started to happen as soon as I updated to version 5.0.
    So my question is how do I completely remove all traces of Rewasd 5.0 including those drivers that caused all of my USB devices to freak out during the installation? If i just uninstall it via the Control Panel I still get no input in SteamVR.

Hello!

After you uninstall reWASD from control panel and reboot, no more reWASD drives are in the system. The uninstallation leaves some configs and license information, but nothing that may cause your issue. Could you please try to uninstall and reinstall reWASD again to check whether you have the same problems?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
      Hello!

After you uninstall reWASD from control panel and reboot, no more reWASD drives are in the system. The uninstallation leaves some configs and license information, but nothing that may cause your issue. Could you please try to uninstall and reinstall reWASD again to check whether you have the same problems?
      I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling with reboots in between but that didn't solve my issue. However I did a system restore to a couple of days back and that worked. I now have input in SteamVR again but I don't have reWASD anymore... I am a bit hesitant installing it again and also my Elite controlled broke some time ago (words cannot describe how furious I am at M$) so I'm waiting for Series 2 anyway.

I did not install any other software apart from reWASD 5.0 and a single Chrome extension between now and my restore point so I am quite confident that reWASD caused loss of input in SteamVR.

Comment

Hello,
        OK, thank you for the information, need some time to discuss this issue. Will back to you as soon get updates.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

today I installed the geymped macro and then I did not like it, I tried to delete it then I deleted it then there is a keyboard mouse picture in the control panel devices and printers section called ravas every time I turn the computer off and on, so when I restart it, it comes again and this and this situation started to bother me If there is a solution to this please Help be it or I'll do bad things to you myself

Comment

Originally Posted by TheWasRapper View Post
            today I installed the geymped macro and then I did not like it, I tried to delete it then I deleted it then there is a keyboard mouse picture in the control panel devices and printers section called ravas every time I turn the computer off and on, so when I restart it, it comes again and this and this situation started to bother me If there is a solution to this please Help be it or I'll do bad things to you myself
            Virtual devices of reWASD should have been removed once you uninstall the software and reboot your PC. How exactly did you "deleted it"?

Comment

I said uninstall the program from the control panel and it got up. Then I was playing my game mortal kombat 11 and then it does not detect my keyboard, it does not detect my gamepad, then I went to the control panel devices and printers and I saw a device called virtual input for reWASD and when I said uninstall the device, I was able to play the game, then I restarted my computer and again A device called reWASD came to the control panel. Every time I restart the computer, it comes and I could not uninstall the program, it is not installed and it does not go. My problem is that these friends would be glad if you could help.

Comment

It is way too strange, because the Virtual Input Device is removed from the control panel just after you uninstall reWASD and reboot your PC. May I ask you to install reWASD again, reboot and then try to uninstall it if you do not need it?

Also, I am not sure if this issue is connected to Mortal Kombat — we have tested this game and it works with reWASD perfectly and never ignored other devices according to our tests.

Comment

Working...
                X