X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Originally Posted by Shion View Post
    You can use [Relative Deflections] in Combo now. They will add to the physical stick position instead of overriding it.
    Check cases #19 and #20 here for more details.
    Amazing that worked! Just what I needed thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Support Agent
    replied
    You can use [Relative Deflections] in Combo now. They will add to the physical stick position instead of overriding it.
    Check cases #19 and #20 here for more details.

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Hello. So I've started using rewasd again after several years for mw2. Tried to create recoil control and found just like several years ago in destiny the same problem. The downstick is applied when you provide no input on the right stick, but when you do it overrides the input from rewasd meaning recoil control doesnt work. I found this old thread where I asked about this. Did this ever get fixed? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Hey there!

We have released reWASD 5.2 that allows you to set relative stick deflections to use in a combo sequence.
    These mappings are work together with the stick moves and so may be used in your case.

We would be grateful if you check the new version out and share your feedback :satisfied:

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    I see. We will think what is possible to do, no worries.

reWASD adds stick moves as absolute values that is why when you push the original stick, you do not see the combo results. We will also investigate how we could add relative moves to combos in the next versions.

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Hi. Thanks for the reply. I am trying to use this on many weapons, such as single shot pistols (hand cannons in destiny) which have a lot of recoil. If you fire the gun and simultaneously push down on the thumbstick for the duration of the shot (VERY hard to do) then this controls recoil.

Also on auto rifles and submachine guns the same thing is true, but you exert continous down pressure on the right stick while firing, and it controls recoil.

That is why i was so pleased when I thought I had found a fix with "hold until release", but of course as I said, as soon as you apply any right stick, even to the side, it just overrides the key combo and stops it working.

I could see perhaps a workaround with single shot weapons with execute at once, e.g. Fire equals down on right stick, fire, up on right stick, but otherwise no good?

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Thank you for the detailed post, got it. We've tried different options but the recoil control seems not to work for hold until release combo mode somehow
    Still, we got some results with execute at once one, but they are not perfect.

For additional testing, I need a bit more info from you. Could you please share which weapon you use and how do you use it actually? Do you press and hold trigger to get the repetitive shots? Do you press and release trigger often?

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Hi. Bad news on the recoil control area I'm afraid. Firstly I have discovered why it sometimes seems to work and sometimes doesn't and secondly I have discovered a problem with the whole thing so it doesn't work in combat at all

When you fire the gun it correctly applies the down stick for perfect recoil control - what I wanted. However, as soon as you input any right stick at all, it over-rides the downstick that is coming from the key combo, and the recoil control immediately goes away.

E.g. I have -40 for recoil control. However if I move the stick myself to -10, or +10, or to the side, it immediately cancels -40, so the recoil control goes away and is useless, as you will always be moving and adjusting aim to follow people etc when shooting.

So I was testing it against the wall and it works perfectly, but when in actual combat it doesn't work. It doesn't ADD -40 to whatever input I want for the stick. What it really needs to work is to maintain two input functions, the one from the key combo, added to the one that is coming from the stick. Then it would work. I know that Cronusmax can do this, but is it possible for Rewasd to do this? Or is it too complex to implement?

This is also the reason why the deadzone was affecting it. If you move the stick when firing, and that new input over-rides the old one, the original key combo doesn't then begin to work again until the stick is reset in the deadzone. If you have a large or standard deadzone, it easily finds this when you release the stick, so the combo is reset. But if the deadzone is really small, it may not find it, even when you release the stick (even if the stick is so close to centre that there is no input), so the key combo doesn't work.

In any case, unless there is a workaround, or the software can be altered to allow key combos to either just fire, or to add an input weighting to the stick input, recoil control can't work. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I hope this makes sense and perhaps is helpful to development.

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Yeah its strange, whenever I test it in the windows USB gamepad tester it works, but about 10% of the time when I shoot it doesn't control recoil, then I press again and it works. I wonder if as it's trying to do the two things at once, it misses one... or something. Maybe If I try downstick, then a 10ms pause, then the shoot button...

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Oh, for hold until release mode it isn't necessary, you are right. In this case, the stick will be back to the normal state once you release a trigger. Have you tried to hold it a bit longer?

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. I don't get what you mean by adding a bigger pause? Do you mean the amount of time the downstick is held? I am using "hold until release" or it doesn't work, and I don't think you can add a pause to this? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    In my example, i move stick on 10%. You can try to increase this value to 15 or 20% maybe in order to be sure that the stick movement is registered. Also, you can add a bigger pause between stick with some positive or negative value and stick with 0, so the movement will be a little longer and the game will be able to detect it.

As for Affect gamepad hardware option, it doesn't influence on the virtual sticks.

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    Yes that's what I thought, but it's definately doing it. I'm still having a slight problem where the automatic down stick isn't always registered in game, but it seems intermittant, I may have to adjust the deadzone a bit more. Would the "affect gamepad hardware" checkbox do anything to help this?

Leave a comment:

• reWASDer
    replied
    Ha, that's interesting and a bit strange cause small deadzone should work in the opposite way. Anyway, happy to know that it is OK now.

Leave a comment:

• Mrcellophane1978
    replied
    It was the deadzone. for some reason when the deadzone was really small, the automatic down stick wouldnt register. increased the deadzone and it was all ok!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X