reWASD forcing profile and locking mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD forcing profile and locking mouse

So when I run it (as admin) I get gamepad mapping service is not running. To use reWASD, please start. Then I start it, and it enables my profile even though I have it set to an exe which isn't open.This profile is using my mouse and keyboard in a group and mapping xbox controls to them. This worked once in game and now it doesn't at all, instead every time i open the program I have to use L win to be able to move my mouse and then force close the program, which doesn't solve the issue I actually have to find the gamepad service to get my mouse and keyboard back. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, and repeated this after deleting my profiles and it still happens. I also could not use your uninstaller it freezes partway and never continues so I manually deleted the files.

Attached are a log and the profile in question, I'm assuming there is a driver error happening or my setup is wrong in some way.
    Attached Files

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

1. As for gamepad mapping service is not running. It sounds like the software driver wasn't installed properly. So, please, install the reWASD from the scratch go to the C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD and remove all binv2 files - > remove the software - > reboot - > install ver. 5.2.1 again.

2. What is wrong with the config?. It indents using for remote play, like your keyboard&mouse become a controller. Win L uses as a shift to make your mouse active, so it' normal. But what problems in the game? The mappings don't work or mouse doesn't detect as a stick? Please describe in details.

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Reinstalling worked but now i'm running into some other problems. When I open the game and apply the remap, I get a constant device disconnect/reconnect sound and the mouse starts and stops with it.

Comment

So the config I'm using is for m&kmb to be a controller but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my sensitivity to work correctly.
        I'm using it for halo mcc and have my ingame sensitivity at max:
        Sensitivity X,Y 10/10 | Acceleration 1 | Deadzone 20/20

When I do a full swipe of my mouse pad I can't turn far enough, so if i need to turn around I have to do four swipes on my mouse pad. I have tried increasing the x and y sens under mapping as well as increasing the deflection setting for the right stick. This seems to make my movements super jittery and uncontrollable. The one thing that has helped is increasing my mouse dpi but it minor and does not solve my turning issues.

I also don't know if adjusting the response curve could fix this issue either.Any ideas?
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This is a side effect if stick emulation as mouse works rather different as the stick. Therefore, a couple of swipes for turning is quite normal. I suggest to "play around" with sensitivity and stick deflection. The bigger initial deflection gives you a bigger movement when the mouse movements are slow.

As an alternative, You may try this trick, do a combo where a stick goes to the edge and hold for there some time (set in combo) which theoretically should be enough for a sharp turn. Please tune the comfort pause and Map this combo to some additional button and use it when you need to turn the character quickly.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I will try this, so far I had noticed when I raise deflection that my mouse would be jittery and moving left to right would also have vertical motion like bouncing up and down while moving and it wasn't smooth. So i'm wondering does that just mean the deflection setting is too high? Or maybe my response curve is too aggressive, it starts 2,4 then moves diagonally upwards. Lastly would the initial speed change this, I tested the setting and it had no noticeable effect.

Comment

You can try uncheck Use same settings for X and Y option and tune the Initial deflection separately for you axes.
              Initial deflection is a stick position that will be set once reWASD notices that your mouse is moving. While you play on controller, stick has pretty big deadzone, so while emulating the stick it should be deflected in order to override this deadzone. That is why it is a good idea to try different positions for this setting for various games.

Comment

I already have that unchecked, how do i change the deflection separately all i see and is left and right stick is that different?

Comment

Once the option is unchecked, there are two sliders for X and Y axes (1). Also, you can switch from Left to Right (2) to tune both sticks:

Click image for larger version

Name:	70ac2fd989.jpg
Views:	3643
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	217849

Comment

Every time I try to increase it even slightly the mouse is super jittery and I can get smooth movements. I'm wondering if the in-game settings are effecting this, I have the game deadzone at maximum if I lower this without changing deflections I get the same results. Shouldn't disabling the deadzones make it more responsive? Or would my sensitivity have to be super low to remove the jitter?

Comment

Your in-game settings influence, that is correct. Just want to warn you that you need to adjust stick settings, not the ones for mouse.

Noise filter, Smoothing, Sensitivity and Response curve are also influence. Even the physical mouse settings (if you have a gaming mouse) also should be taken into account. Smoothing may help you remove jittering. Please try to play with this one.

I would suggest you to learn more from our help guides to see what each one does. Here are the most important articles: Mouse settings and Virtual Stick settings.

Unfortunately, each mouse and each game has its own scheme, also all those settings are pretty individual. I hope you will find the solution that works for you trying different options.
                      Still it is a good idea to use a combo for fast movement while set the settings lower in order to get smoother behavior. Also, it is better to set a new layout of settings for aiming (using Shift mode).

Comment

I was indeed changing the stick settings, currently I have smoothing at 0 and noise at max. I think the jittering came from too small of a deadzone in game or too high or a deflection setting. I'm curious if it matters which controller i emulate, like if I switched to DS4 from xbox would it change how it behaves or just keybindings?

Comment

No, the virtual controller type should not make any difference.

Maximizing the Noise Filter may not be a good idea.
                          Noise Filter helps avoid avoiding the mouse moves that should not be detected. So while it is maximized, you may need a pretty long distance to make reWASD emulate something. It may be a reason why you get jittery movements.

Comment

Working...
                          X