Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Long presses in shortcuts and a question about advanced mappings in TES IV Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long presses in shortcuts and a question about advanced mappings in TES IV Oblivion

Hello everyone, I have a question about the effect Long Press has on shortcuts. Basically even if I adjust the shortcut press time in Preferences, it seems to only affect the buttons which the shortcut is made of. I'm trying to delay the output of the diagonals of the xbox one d-pad. I have mapped the four arrows to 1, 3, 5 and 7 and added the shortcuts to map up+right to 2, right+down to 4, down+left to 6 and left+up to 8. But when I test them on the notepad, even after having set the Long Press time to the minimum and the shortcut press time to the max, it only affects the up, right, down and left bindings, not their combinations... Am I missing something?

Another question. These mappings are for The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion btw. So, I've installed this great mod that adds almost full controller compatibility.
    The only thing this mod can't map is the hotkeys function, which I've mapped to the d-pad, That's what I'm using reWASD for. Now in normal gameplay I can use the remapped d-pad just fine, but in the menus there's a big problem. The mod has mapped the d-pad to navigate the menu, up and down to scroll the items and left and right to change the menu pages, as in the xbox 360 version. Would it be possible, say, to hold down the Y button to interrupt the inputs given by the d-pad in the menu while assigning the hotkeys so that pressing the arrows on the pad doesn't change back and forth the pages in which I'm in and the game sees only the mappings I've assigned to the d-pad through reWASD, in this case the numbers from 1 to 8?
    Sorry if this sounds too complex, I've tried my best to explain it as clearly as I could.

Thank you for the aswers.

Hello!

Shortcuts doesn't have activators at the moment, so you are right, Long Press time won't affect the shortcut.

If I understand you correct, you want to press a shortcut (Up+Right) and get a short delay and then "2"? It is better to do so with a combo, but unfortunately, there is a know issue with this functionality in the released version. We will fix it in the next release, and I would be happy to inform you once it is ready.

As for your second question, this is possible with Shifts.
    Y should be a Shift modifier. Inside this Shift, you need to put "Unmap" for all four D-Pad buttons and add your ones: 1, 3, 5, 7 + Shortcuts.
    Unfortunately, right now, all those mappings will fire without the delay.

Here is how it should look like (1. Shift modifier; 2. Unmapped D-Pad with your keyboard actions; 3. Shortcuts set inside the Shift too):

Click image for larger version

Name:	67c3aae53d.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	138.5 KB
ID:	218245

Comment

Thanks! Your advice to unmap the d-pad for the Shift profile was exactly what I was trying to do!

But now I have a new problem... I was trying to make it so that pressing the d-pad arrows while the Shift modifier is hold pressed the A controller button on release. Easy enough. But when I tried to do the same for the shortcuts I tried the Key Combo function, thus creating a virtual xbox 360 controller. I want to undo this mistake. How to ''uninstall'' the virtual xbox 360 controller?
      And is there a way to map a button on release for the shortcuts? Such that when I press up+right to select 2, on release it presses A?

Comment

Unfortunately, no activators are available for Shortcuts but we are planning to add them in one of the next releases.

In order to clean your config out of virtual controller, you need to remove all those "A" buttons you have added — in combos, shortcuts, etc.

Comment

I disabled the virtual controller, it was so easy, lol. And, as I got more familiar with the Key Combo function, I managed to map everything I needed (instead of ''A'' on the controller I used ''Enter'' on the keyboard), thanks to button presses and pauses between them.

I must say, this is an incredible program. And as you add new functions with every update it's only going to get even better!
          I tried many keyboard to controller remapping programs in the past, but every each of them had this ''stuttering'' when turning around with the R-stick mapped to the mouse... I got that especially in Morrowind. With reWASD now everything is buttery smooth!

I bought the full package... It costs... but this is one of the few times I can honestly say ''Money WELL spent!''
          And the Support is super quick too!

Comment

Thanks a lot for your kind words and support! :satisfied:

reWASD does have lots of different features, so I hope you will discover many other gems inside!

And I will definitely send you a message once we add activators to shortcuts.

Comment

Working...
            X