Rewasd on xbox elite Fortnite trouble windows 2004 build 19041.84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewasd on xbox elite Fortnite trouble windows 2004 build 19041.84

Allright here is what is happening. If I start up Fortnite with the Virtual input device my controller does not use the standard settings but does pick up the re mapped knops but basicly I can't use the controller in game then it is prob a incompatiblity thing because this windows is gonne flight in April 2020 any body can think of a temp solution ?

Hello,
    Thank you for your report.

May I ask you to check this option in the reWASD settings. This option hides the physical controller when virtual creates. Therefore, the problem could be that there are 2 controllers, physical and virtual, the game detects physical only.

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
      Hello,
      Thank you for your report.

May I ask you to check this option in the reWASD settings. This option hides the physical controller when virtual creates. Therefore, the problem could be that there are 2 controllers, physical and virtual, the game detects physical only.

Thank you in advance.
      Yeah got that one checked by default

Comment

This is how it looks right now

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	424
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	218365

Comment

Ps when will the moderation stop on my posting ?
          Last edited by endbase; 27.02.2020, 13:34.

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for your reply.

Please, send us the config you are using to play Fortnite - https://prnt.sc/r8gwtc. Do you use a controller to play or keyboard\mouse for remote play? May I ask you to apply the config, open joy.cpl (win button - > type joy.cpl) and take the screenshot. How many devices are there?

ps. You may edit your posts without pre-moderation now.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Allright here is the screen shot and the config and I play with xbox elite controller v2

Click image for larger version  Name:	Naamloos.png Views:	0 Size:	20.7 KB ID:	218371
              Attached Files
              Last edited by endbase; 27.02.2020, 14:16.

Comment

Is it Elite 2 controller, right?

Have you unmapped its paddles in Xbox app, like here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	elite_2_warning.png Views:	0 Size:	282.0 KB ID:	218374

Also, please clarify the connection type (USB, original adapter, Bluetooth?), so we could try this case on our side.

Comment

I did unmap it in the Xbox app and it's bluetooth connected onboard and yeah the elite v2
                  Last edited by endbase; 27.02.2020, 14:29.

Comment

Thank you, will going to check this current Windows build.

In the meantime, I have two ideas for you:

1. According to your config, you just have Ctrl mapping on your paddles, and the rest is remapped to the virtual controller without any changes. Why do you use virtual controller in this case? You may just add control to the default config and use Elite 2 as is.

2. Fortnite is pretty slow with detecting the new devices, so if you are using the virtual controller, I would suggest you to try restart the game (with the Remap turned on). If it doesn't help, reboot your PC (with the Remap turned on) and try again.

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                      Thank you, will going to check this current Windows build.

In the meantime, I have two ideas for you:

1. According to your config, you just have Ctrl mapping on your paddles, and the rest is remapped to the virtual controller without any changes. Why do you use virtual controller in this case? You may just add control to the default config and use Elite 2 as is.

2. Fortnite is pretty slow with detecting the new devices, so if you are using the virtual controller, I would suggest you to try restart the game (with the Remap turned on). If it doesn't help, reboot your PC (with the Remap turned on) and try again.
                      I use the L Ctrl as my push to talk in Fortnite and the controller works if I unload the virtual controller except for the L CTRL then no worries I manage for now

Comment

OK, great!

Have you tried to reboot the PC with a virtual controller or just decided to get rid of it?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                          OK, great!

Have you tried to reboot the PC with a virtual controller or just decided to get rid of it?
                          Tried reboot but that only works untill I start Fortnite and then I loose all functionality on my default buttons in the game so for now I turn off the virtual device and the buttons works again in Fortnite

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your information. Going to test the reWASD with the 2004 Insider Preview. There is kinda hunch that virtual gamepad is not hidden properly. Also, I would like to ask to do the following steps:

1. Open the reWASD and apply the config you have been applying before.
                            2. Open joy.cpl and how the controller is detected. Important to see whether it detects as BT XINPUT compatible device or as a virtual controller for Xbox 360 after the config applied. Take the screenshot.

Thank in advance.
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

After I open Rewasd I have to click the controller with the blurtooth sign then my profile pops up and I get this

Click image for larger version  Name:	Naamloos.png Views:	0 Size:	18.2 KB ID:	218384

Comment

Working...
                              X