X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD softlocked my HDD - cant use mouse/keyboard

Win7 x64

I installed the required net framework
    installed reWASD start reWASD ->wants to install drivers - requires admin permission->give permission wants to restart PC - restart PC

I used the free trial version - got an error along the way blahblah trying to use an unsigned driver -> assumed this is related to the driver being a free trial.

Mouse and keyboard stop working the second i enter windows. Trying to reconnect mouse and keyboard in order to reinstall their drivers always leads to an error message.
    On regular windows startup i get the message from reWASD:
    Warning
    Gamepad Mapping driver is not installed. Some functions are unavailable. Please isntall the driver before using reWASD (install admin symbol or cancel).

On safe mode windows boot (i can use mouse and keyboard perfectly fine before entering windows) the message doesnt appear but my mouse and keyboard are still bricked.

I cant uninstall or interact with anything since i basically cant use any input devices. I dont have a controller connected to my PC.
    Solutions OTHER than clean install / losing all data or using a secondary HDD to MAYBE fix the problem would be great.

Ill be trying the latter now but quite frankly dont have much hope i can recover my normal HDD to the point where its a working boot drive. If it even works at all.

Youve got to be kidding me with this really.....

So i tried using a second HDD to uninstall your malware from my PC.
    Removed the "personal specific option files" or whatever they were called as well.

Naturally that didnt solve the problem and my main HDD is still bricked.

Nice. Havent seen a system brick in years. Your program is a first ina really long time.
    Congratz

Comment

tried to edit the post with actual useful information - naturally im not allowed - just like my PC trying to isntall drivers ))

So i tried using a second HDD to uninstall your malware from my PC.
      Removed the "personal specific option files" or whatever they were called as well.

Naturally that didnt solve the problem and my main HDD is still bricked.

I no longer get the install notification when booting the system but basically my main HDD now refuses to install drivers for any input devices - just says driver installation failed. Tried different mice as well. Only have one keyboard so cant test that. Very nice.

Nice. Havent seen a system brick in years. Your program is a first in a really long time.
      Congratz

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for your feedback.

It doesn't seem that this is a reWASD problem. Our drivers and all component that are required sign are signed. Also, reWASD officially supports Windows 7 and software installation\updates, removing, etc. are included post-release check for any reWASD version.

Therefore, this is a particular issue that might be related to a lack of Win 7 updates, so please check it that your Win ver is fully updated.

I also just tested installing the latest ver 5.3 (trial) on Windows 7 (7601 Service Pack 1) without any problems.

Regarding your case, perhaps system restore would help? Have you tried to re-install the software with disabled antiviruses? It might happen that installed security software blocks our driver installation.

Ps. Nice to read that our software is malware...
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I downloaded the official looking trial from the official website right here
          Need to map gamepad to keyboard? Want to unleash the power of Xbox Elite paddles or use PS controller on PC? Our powerful gamepad mapper will help!

I can rule out Win7 lacking updates as issue. Since its not receiving any at this point.

What i assume happened - and this is really just a shot in the dark - is that there was some sort of failure during the driver installation (possibly due to antivirus as you suggested - but it really might be anything). And that wouldnt be a problem at all under normal circumstances right, it just fucks up and doesnt work. But in this particular case it it somehow bricked all my input devices and thats really not okay.

Because of that i naturally cant try anything to solve the problem because i literally cant input anything not even in safe mode (also tried deactivating drivers requiring to be signed - didnt work either for that matter).

Legit if i had actively downloaded and installed a bitcoin miner it would have been less of a problem to deal with - at least that thing would still have allowed me to interact with my HDD in some way.
          Its going to take a bloody day just to get a secondary drive going, backup files and reinstall windows.

Really really not happy about it.

Comment

Hello,

I'm not happy either, that you're facing the problem trying to install\launch our software for the first time. I may just assume that some antivirus or else secure software\component blocked the driver installation and caused a described problem. Or the problem was that the driver was rejected to install (https://prnt.sc/rl5az3).

Anyway, we're sorry that the problem occurred and positive that the windows restore does a job.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

ill try that - actually didnt know you can windows restore from USB so that was quite helpful

on other note - whats the filename and location for the driver that is installed by reWASD? I wanna double check that was actually removed.

Comment

I believe its exactly the same issue as here:
                Hello, After updating to version 5.0 it told me that I needed to install some new drivers which I did. During the installation of said drivers all of my other USB devices (keyboard, mouse and HOTAS) started turning off then on again and then it asked me to reboot my PC. After reboot I immediately noticed a problem with SteamVR.

since my usb devices make a different sound when i plug them in now - like a double boop instead of the usual long single boop

Comment

Hello,

It standard system32\drives location (https://prnt.sc/rlaixv) but it strongly not recommended to edit manually, I confident that the system restoring will help.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Haven't heart you for a while. How are you?

Glad to inform that we have released a new version of reWASD (5.4) where we made many improvements, including your case. And I'm happy to suggest trying the new version.

Please let us know any feedback.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                    X