reWASD doesn't seem to create virtual controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reWASD doesn't seem to create virtual controller

Hi, after checking out the trial of the software I was really impressed with the UI and how many options there were so I decided to buy it.
    However after trying out the software some more with all of the additional features I noticed that it wasn't creating a virtual controller.
    I browsed some of the other topics of other members that had this issue and I saw that they had "Virtual Controller for reWASD" but I only have "Virtual input for reWASD"
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ryVIeag.png
Views:	2579
Size:	357.5 KB
ID:	218685
    I have tried reinstalling the software, restarting the pc, making sure remap on startup is enabled but nothing seems to work.
    I tried remapping from kb+m to controller and the other way around but the virtual controller is never created so other games don't detect it.
    I would love to get some further assistance with this because I feel like I've tried everything at this point, I even used the command prompt to manually uninstall the reWASD service and then installed again.

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

To create a virtual controller need to press the "Apply" button after all mappings were set. So, in your case, your group the mouse and keyboard into the group (to detect devices correctly, like the keyboard as a keyboard, mouse as a mouse you may use detect device option), select the PC4 remote play config, apply it.
    What happens when you press the button? Any sounds? Also, what appears in joy.cpl after config applying? As you create a virtual DS4 controller you may see Wireless Controller appeared in joy.cp service.
    The "Virtual Controller for reWASD" is when an Xbox 360 virtual controller is created.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Using the ps4 remote play config seems to show that the wireless controller appears in joy.cpl, so I'm most likely doing something wrong when I'm creating the configs.
      however in-game, the ps4 remote play still doesn't work, the game doesn't detect the joypad.
      I'm not really sure how the ps4 remote play config differs from what I did but I would love some feedback on what I'm doing wrong.

So basically, my goal is to emulate an xbox/ps4 controller on pc without actually using a controller.
      What I did was:
      1. Group kb and mouse together after making sure they're the correct device after checking with detect device.
      2. Create a new profile and in the kb+m section, map all the controller keys to the keyboard and mouse keys with the unbind setting

Name:	reWASD_2020-03-26_09-49-57.png
Views:	2478
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	218690

Name:	reWASD_2020-03-26_09-56-44.png
Views:	2497
Size:	539.2 KB
ID:	218691I didn't touch the gamepad section because I'm not using the gamepad to make kb+m commands.
      when I do this, the wireless device does appear in joy.cpl, but the game still doesn't detect the virtual controller even after restarting.
      I also don't understand why when I select the xbox 360 virtual controller instead of the ps4 one, I still don't see the "virtual 360 for reWASD" in devices list.

Comment

Also something I've noticed is that when I apply the profile and the software warns me that I will lose control of my mouse when I will apply the profile,
        I still have control over the mouse, so maybe that's part of the problem?

Comment

Hello!

It may be a chance that the device initialization is not completed correctly. Please follow these steps:

1. Ungroup the Keyboard and Mouse, so all the devices are shown separately in the bottom left corner of the main window.
          2. Use Detection mode to find the correct Keyboard and Mouse. If you press the keyboard button but see mouse in reWASD, then you will need to re-initialize it (from the context menu of an active device)
          3. After you are sure about all the devices, please group Mouse and Keyboard and try to Apply your config and test it in joy.cpl or in a game

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
            Hello!

It may be a chance that the device initialization is not completed correctly. Please follow these steps:

1. Ungroup the Keyboard and Mouse, so all the devices are shown separately in the bottom left corner of the main window.
            2. Use Detection mode to find the correct Keyboard and Mouse. If you press the keyboard button but see mouse in reWASD, then you will need to re-initialize it (from the context menu of an active device)
            3. After you are sure about all the devices, please group Mouse and Keyboard and try to Apply your config and test it in joy.cpl or in a game
            This did the trick, after reinitializing and restarting it worked for the first time and I lost control of the mouse and the game was able to detect it!
            Thank you for taking the time to help me solve this

Comment

Hello,

Great! Thank you for your feedback. Great to hear that it was helped.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I am having a similar problem I'm using a Logitech f710 controller and all the buttons are mapped out but when I try to apply it nothing happens and no virtual controller is created

Comment

Hello y2j1915

How do you try to create a virtual controller? Please, try to use the magic wand to remap the controller to a virtual one. What virtual controller, do you try to create, Xbox 360, DS4, Xbox One? What exactly is displayed in the joy.cpl?

Do you use the latest ver 5.5?
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Yes I'm using the latest version of the program when I try and use the magic wand all the options are grayed out except for unmap all

Comment

Hey there! If the button is disabled, it should have a hint that describes the reason. Please move your mouse above the disabled button and check what it is saying.

Comment

When I moved the mouse over it said this config uses virtual gamepad buttons and should be remapped

Comment

Seems to be OK, since you are using our config for mouse and keyboard.

Then, it may be a chance that something in your system blocks the new devices. It happens if you have specific settings in other mappers devoted to DS4: InputMapper, DS4Win and so on. Please check do you have those ones? You can learn more about this issue here. Also, it is better to be sure that you do not have the third-party drives those mappers use (hidguardian, vigem).

Comment

Okay I think I figured out the problem for some reason whenever I create a virtual controller my computer recognizes it as a physical controller for whatever reason. However, when I go to the Bluetooth menu on my computer it shows up as a virtual input device but not when I hit joy.cpl it registers as a physical controller

Comment

Hello,
                              Thank you for your reply.

reWASD creates a virtual controller and hides the physical one (there is a "hide physical controller" option in the software settings). The system sees the virtual controller that completely identical to physical.

The virtual input device is the virtual keyboard that reWASD creates to emulate your keyboard. If you open devices and printers you will also see the virtual input device for the reWASD (screenshot).

So, the joy.cpl registers the emulated physical device correctly. The virtual input device is for another purpose device.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X