Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Walk KB Keybind Toggle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Slow Walk KB Keybind Toggle

    I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything. Is there a way to create a KB keybind toggle to "slow walk"? I'd like to simulate the PS4 left stick option to walk slow when I use my keyboard WASD movement keys by toggling another KB keybind to turn walking slow on/off. Is this possible?

  • #2
    Hello!

    If I understand you correctly, you want two modes:
    - You press WASD physically, and the stick is deflected to max value
    - You press WASD physically after switching to another mode, and the stick is deflected slightly

    If yes, here are the steps:

    1. Go to a Shift (1)
    2. Choose a modifier: a button that will activate Slow Walk mode (2) and check Toggle option (3)
    3. Switch to Virtual controller settings (4) while being in this Shift

    Click image for larger version  Name:	f970b9b658.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.0 KB ID:	218700

    4. On Virtual controller settings tab (1), choose Left Stick (2) and change the Max Deflection (3): make a bigger grey zone from the right:

    Click image for larger version  Name:	d6faac9dfb.jpg Views:	15 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	218701

    Now, inside a Shift, your controller won't be deflected more than to the Deflection you have chosen.
    You may need to do a few tests to find the right value for your game though.

    Similar functionality is added to our default PS4 Remote Play config (you may already have it). The only difference is that it doesn't have Toggle. If you are using our config, you just need to add "Toggle" checkbox to the modifier in Shift 1.

    I hope it will help!

    Comment


    • #3
      Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for! Works like a champ!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally Posted by Dorfis View Post
        Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for! Works like a champ!
        Great to know that it helped :satisfied:

        Comment


        • #5
          I noticed two weird "bugs" with this after playing a few hours. When I toggle slow walking with my LAlt key and hit the Windows logo key to unmap reWASD and move my mouse around the PS4 Remote Play game camera still moves around too. The other bug is when I have slow walk enabled I'm not able to use any other keys. Is there a way to fix that?

          Comment


          • #6
            Hey there!

            Both Alt and Win buttons are Shift modifiers in reWASD. When you press them, you switch to another Shift mode where you can walk slowly or get your mouse back.

            However, you can activate another Shift only when you are in a Main layout (Shift 0).
            So you need to press Alt again and then press Win in your case.

            Unfortunately, there is now way to go from one shift to another without switching back to main.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally Posted by Dorfis View Post
              The other bug is when I have slow walk enabled I'm not able to use any other keys. Is there a way to fix that?
              Please check the Shift with Alt-toggle. You should see grey nodes for all other buttons inherited from main. Is that what you see in your config?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

                Please check the Shift with Alt-toggle. You should see grey nodes for all other buttons inherited from main. Is that what you see in your config?
                Yes, all the other buttons are greyed out on Shift 1, where I have my Alt-toggle -- it appears to have inherited my keys from Shift 0 correctly. The slow walking is working but I'm not able to press my 1-4 hotkeys which are assigned to X thru Circle while the Alt-toggle is on.

                Comment


                • #9
                  May I ask you to send your config?
                  It will be easier for me to check what is wrong.

                  Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
                  Please send me the correspondent *.rewasd file.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hello, I've been searching for something like this for a long time, sadly i can not get it to work I don't know why, i'm new with the software and it's my Trial license, hopefully I can get it to work before it ends, it's the only feature I would use in this software

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally Posted by Jokes View Post
                      Hello, I've been searching for something like this for a long time, sadly i can not get it to work I don't know why, i'm new with the software and it's my Trial license, hopefully I can get it to work before it ends, it's the only feature I would use in this software
                      If you mean "make a run/walk modifier with reWASD" - post #2 has all the steps for it. [Rapid fire] feature is required if you want to "toggle" the modifier, without it you'll have to hold the modifier key to "walk". Take note that it is yet impossible to switch to other shifts directly, meaning that if you have a shift for "unlocking KBM" or "different sensitivity for ADS" or something else - those won't work until you "toggle" back to "running".

                      Sadly the "i can not get it to work I don't know why" description is not enough to determine the reason. You'll have to provide details on what you're trying to do with reWASD and how exactly you do it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                        If you mean "make a run/walk modifier with reWASD" - post #2 has all the steps for it. [Rapid fire] feature is required if you want to "toggle" the modifier, without it you'll have to hold the modifier key to "walk". Take note that it is yet impossible to switch to other shifts directly, meaning that if you have a shift for "unlocking KBM" or "different sensitivity for ADS" or something else - those won't work until you "toggle" back to "running".

                        Sadly the "i can not get it to work I don't know why" description is not enough to determine the reason. You'll have to provide details on what you're trying to do with reWASD and how exactly you do it.

                        Hey man, thanks for your reply, I tried everything in the Post2, I even tried to switch my key to something else, tried with Y with W, my character just does not change speed with W or does not move at all with Y.

                        I pressed the LCTRL + LSHIFT + F12 to see if the command actually worked, it seems like the left pad does move forward, but no reaction from my character in game.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Uzbdlo0.png
Views:	897
Size:	430.7 KB
ID:	226310

                        It does not work in game. I tried it in Batman Arkham Knight, Batman Arkham Origins and nothing.


                        Please tell me if I am doing something wrong :/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I also tried different speed setting in the deflection without success.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            As I can see on a screenshot, you have the deflection around 10-15% of total one.
                            We cannot say anything about the game, we only create the virtual controller with the settings you set up. It is better to check how it works on a tester itself.

                            There still might be a chance that the game is reading the keyboard input. Please make sure the mappings you use has the Unmaps feature assigned to it to avoid the input from the keyboard, so only the virtual stick's input is read by the game.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
                              There still might be a chance that the game is reading the keyboard input. Please make sure the mappings you use has the Unmaps feature assigned to it to avoid the input from the keyboard, so only the virtual stick's input is read by the game.
                              That is probably the issue, how would I do that? You mean unbinding the key from the in game keybinds? I did so when I tried with Y it is not bind in game and still the character would not move. If you meant something else please explain to me how to do that.

                              Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
                              As I can see on a screenshot, you have the deflection around 10-15% of total one.
                              I tried the deflection on a different level, and my character never moves in game.

                              I tried plugging a controller and for the "Slow Walk" You really need to only move the pad just a tidy bit forward

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X