Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Lazlidoo View Post

Sure, here you go: https://streamable.com/65ej6c

In this video, I create a brand new empty layout, map to + in Hold until release, then go in game and press a few times with the Gamepad Tester clearly in view.

You'll see a spell menu opening every time. The spell menu is what opens when is pressed by itself. But it does not open with + are pressed together.
    I've got an idea. I guess it works.
    So, let's try the following two scenarios. The first one is to add Mute option for . I don't know a mechanic in this game, but I assume that the native input of this button is not necessary in your case.
    The second scenario is to add a little pause between and . The 75ms probably will be enough. You can also try another value.

Let me know if it gets help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Miron4ik42 View Post

I've got an idea. I guess it works.
      So, let's try the following two scenarios. The first one is to add Mute option for . I don't know a mechanic in this game, but I assume that the native input of this button is not necessary in your case.
      The second scenario is to add a little pause between and . The 75ms probably will be enough. You can also try another value.

Let me know if it gets help.
      Thanks for the suggestions.

Muting has no impact on this behaviour whatsoever, I just didn't bother as this was a "bug report" demo only.

Adding a pause between and also does not help. If anything, considering the release order is not reversed from the press order, it would only logically make things worse.

Comment

The video suggests that the button is ignored for some reason. Maybe the pause between and should be longer or should not be pressed to 100%. Would need the game to test the possibilities.

But here is another suggestion: record a Combo of pressing whatever is needed for the required in-game action and use that Combo instead.

[Hook controller buttons] option must be enabled at [ > General] for recording to work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
          The video suggests that the button is ignored for some reason.
          Isn't the most likely (and logical) reason, and the reason for this whole thread, the fact that gets released before because the order isn't reversed?

I'm not familiar with all the intricacies of input hardware and drivers, but as a programmer myself I imagine the game could record which input is pressed/released first in queue, even if both events happen in the same frame.

Maybe the pause between and should be longer or should not be pressed to 100%. Would need the game to test the possibilities.

As mentioned to the replier above yours, with that in mind, increasing the pause only worsens the issue, because without inversion, it guarantees will release longer before .

But here is another suggestion: record a Combo of pressing whatever is needed for the required in-game action and use that Combo instead.
          Due to the specific way the action system works in this game, this is not convenient or fun to play with. As I mentioned before, I tried workarounds for hours (shortcuts, combos, long presses, etc.). The ideal setup seems to be that with a reversed combo release order, but there is seemingly no way to do that in ​reWASD. Is that correct?

Comment

The idea of recording a combo of pressing whatever is needed for the required in-game action looks probably good. Have you tried it?

Comment

Working...
            X