No announcement yet.

I can’t aim properly in-game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s not so much just aiming but the game doesn’t work properly when the stick is mapped to act as a mouse. The whole stick functions differently. I’ve tried messing with the sensitivity but certain things like aiming will be either too sensitive or not enough whilst the camera is the opposite. The game just isn’t made to be played like this. I would be better using an actual mouse instead.

Is there anyway to stop the program from interfering with the stick? It really needs to be allowed to function as it does without or I just can’t use the program.

Comment

Hello,

I'm confused, honestly, as reWASD doesn't interfere with a stick such way if there are no adjustments for stick in the config. The stick acts as a default gamepad stick.

I will try some research to do regarding the problem. Meanwhile, please try to reproduce the problem with the config made from scratch.

Do you use the latest reWASD 5.3 version?
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
        Yes I’m using the latest version. I’ve tried reinstalling with no luck. The thing is reWASD is interfering with the sticks. I know this because the maximum distance on my controllers decrease when the mapping is ON. I am very puzzled by this but as I showed in the snapshots my controllers are able to reach distances that are slightly beyond the radius. It’s very strange. I think the extra distance reached is what is needed for the sticks to work correctly but with the mapping enabled they lose that little but extra distance. Do your controllers also reach those distances without the mapping?

Comment

Hello,

We do make a stick perfect, and most games are doing the same. All the values that go beyond the circle, should not be registered at all. Some old games have this feature. It is known as "square deadzone" — the ability to go to the square angle when the stick is moved to a diagonal.
          It may be a chance that GTA IV is waiting for the same thing. We are going to add square deadzones to one of the next releases, and it may help in your case. Unfortunately, this feature won't be released in the upcoming version, so we ask you to wait a bit. We will be happy to get back to the troubleshooting once it is released.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Oh, really? That’s great! Yeah I know, it’s an old game... and definitely not an easy one to run on pc. I really appreciate all of your guys help on this one and I’m happy there’s going to be something that can fix it even if I have to wait. Maybe I’ll try switching to mouse and keyboard for IV until then.

Comment

Hello,
              Thank you for the reply, we let you know ASAP.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'm having this exact same issue. When mapping the right stick of my Xbox controller to the mouse I get much slower speeds on the diagonals than I do on the cardinal directions which feels horrible. This is not an issue with the game (Destiny 2, for what it's worth, trying to get around the forced auto aim on controller), I can very clearly demonstrate the issue by watching my cursor move as I move the stick.

This is what my config looks like:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	rewasd_config.PNG
Views:	1123
Size:	559.3 KB
ID:	220700

I've minimized axis range because otherwise I get a very extreme bias towards up/down/right/left. Having a larger axis range does not fix the issue, however.

I am also using an Xbox One Elite 2 controller, but this same issue occurs on a standard Xbox One controller as well.

I'd really love to buy/use this app but without a proper thumbstick to mouse mapping I can't really see it ever being useful for me.

Comment

Digging through the forums I seem to have found the answer: https://forum.rewasd.com/forum/rewas...621#post219621

It's the custom response curve that is causing this problem. Setting response to "Default" fixes the issue 100%
                  This is somewhat disappointing because Apex Legends has got me very very used to an exponential response curve and there is no given option that is even close.

Comment

Hello,
                    Thank you for your report.

I think we fixed this problem in new ver. 5.5. At least, trying to reproduce the problem on candidate release with your advanced setting I do not see differences moving mouse cursor diagonally or vertical\horizontal.

The version will be released tomorrow or next week so you could test it very soon.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Wow that's great news, thanks Star-Lord!

Comment

Hello,

We let you know when the new version will be in public.
                        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I am having the same issue that Gold9999 described. When remapping is enabled I have a reduced diagonal range for my thumbsticks. I am playing modded Witcher 3 with an Elite 2 controller. This prevents me from being able to access the diagonally positioned items on the radial menu or jog in any diagonal direction. Works fine with remapping disabled. I have seen mention and even requested this "square deadzone" feature but when might it become available? It has been brought up several times over the last year or two but nothing yet. Is there a known workaround? A way to leave the sticks untouched while still remapping other buttons?

Comment

Hello! The issues with a mouse mapped to the stick mentioned in the posts above has been already solved but square deadzone is in development still. I hope it will appear in one of the next versions for sure. Am I right, you do not have any mappings on your sticks at all?

Comment

That is correct.

Comment

Originally Posted by Fing3rz View Post
                                That is correct.
                                Thanks! Square deadzone for normal sticks, got it, your suggestion is taken into account. Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                                X