Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 Nav controller over Bluetooth (no mayflash adapter)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    Thank you for the files. According to the logs, only the USB connection is active. Did you unplug the cable? So, your step #3 is Connect the PS3 Nav via cable -> wait a bit (3-5 sec) - > unplug the cable - > wait a bit (3-5 sec) press StopLog. May I ask you to re-collect logs one more time?

Do you have some external BT adapters to use?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

There ya go.

I can see it on Rewasd and bluetooth menus but as soon as I unplug the cable, it's gone.

Can you guys add a force re-pair button/bring the first start/pair as an option to the menu? It's no longer there after hitting "Pair" first time. Maybe it would help with future testing/trying to pair again via bluetooth.

No third party bluetooth. Anything you guys are using? I can buy one but will take some time due to current situation worldwide.
      Attached Files

Comment

It doesn't show the Pair option because the devices send an info that it is already paired. At the moment, the only way to get that message back is to Pair it to any other device. Maybe you have a console? It will to the trick

It is quite possible that your BT is not working for Nav (it is pretty old controller with some limitations when it goes about dongles).
        We are using several pretty simple dongles, if it is possible to check it on any other one, we would be extremely grateful!

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
          It doesn't show the Pair option because the devices send an info that it is already paired. At the moment, the only way to get that message back is to Pair it to any other device. Maybe you have a console? It will to the trick

It is quite possible that your BT is not working for Nav (it is pretty old controller with some limitations when it goes about dongles).
          We are using several pretty simple dongles, if it is possible to check it on any other one, we would be extremely grateful!

Will this work?

Comment

I don't think so. We do not support this one.

We work with MayFlash adapter for Nav, but it has a few limitations: it reports a controller as Xbox 360 or DS3 but not Nav.

I'm about some other pretty ordinary BT dongle, not the adapter.

Comment

Just stopped by to Thank the reWASD developers for achieving something that has eluded other developers for YEARS. Being able to connect a PS NAv controller via BT using the standard WIN/10 stack is a feat! pretty sure few people know about this.

I already connected my two PS Nav controllers. Pairing them was a breeze, could not be easier. Speechless! thanks again!

Comment

Originally Posted by bojote View Post
                Just stopped by to Thank the reWASD developers for achieving something that has eluded other developers for YEARS. Being able to connect a PS NAv controller via BT using the standard WIN/10 stack is a feat! pretty sure few people know about this.

I already connected my two PS Nav controllers. Pairing them was a breeze, could not be easier. Speechless! thanks again!
                Always glad to help!

Comment

Hello! Just asking if two years later you somehow managed to add a pairing button somewhere in the menu? I connected the PS3 Navigation controller, but before I could click on "Pair" the dialog vanished. I tried to reconnect, but the dialog stayed hidden. I can use the controller wired, but that's not feasible. The whole point of that controller is to have more freedom of movement. What I tried so far:
                  1. https://help.rewasd.com/how-to-remap...vices.html#ps3 suggested to clear data in the settings menu. I did that, and my set up controller profile is gone. Yet the pairing screen does not come back.
                  2. I tried to remove REWASD completely, rebooted, installed again, rebooted. Yet the pairing screen does not come back
                  3. I tried the "reset" button on the back of the Navigation Controller,
                  Hardware info: OS=Win 10(22H2), BT-dongle is an ASUS USB-BT500 (https://www.asus.com/de/networking-i...ies/usb-bt500/).

Comment

You can try to go to Device manager, find your controller in one of the categories, open its contextual menu and choose Uninstall Device. Mark Delete the driver software for this device, and press Uninstall. Replug your controller. After this step, the pairing screen should back ​

Comment

Miron4ik42 Thank you for the quick reply, I really appreciate it. I tried to follow your steps, but unfortunately that didn't work either.

Re-reading the thread above I installed REWASD on an old laptop and paired the navigation controller to that. This time I made very sure to click on "Pair". So much for the good news.
                      The bad news is: it still doesn't work. Much like the original poster I now face the problem that, even after I have clicked "Pair" in that initial dialog, the controller still disconnects as soon as I pull the cable out. To confirm this I plugged it into my main PC again (after it had been paired with the laptop it I finally saw that "Pair" dialog again there as well), but the same behaviour: after I have clicked "Pair" it does not look like anything is happening, and if I diconnect the cable and try to go wireless, the controller just does not connect.

A very basic observation: the red led on the controller goes out as well as soon as it's disconnected. Is that normal?

Comment

Hello! Please send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps and drivers
                        1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search
                        2. Press Enter to open System Information tool
                        3. Go to File -> Save
                        4. Send me the *.nfo file you get​

Comment

When you unplug it from USB after pairing the LED usually flashes and gamepad tries to connect to your bluetooth in Windows. If it doesn't it is also possible the battery in your PS3Nav is dead and needs replacement.

Comment

RAM Stealer Will send the file later, thanks. DevX That would of course explain it, right? I'll try to get hold of a replacement battery, usually those are not too expensive and considering this is a device from the PS3 era it likely won't hurt anyway, even if the problem/solution turns out to be elsewhere. Thanks for the help!
                            Last edited by Sergorov; 15.01.2023, 23:44.

Comment

Update: I have just replaced the battery. And right away it connected after unplugging the cable! So the pairing must have worked initially, the real reason why my PS3 Navigation controller disconnected when the cable was removed was that the battery was stone dead! The profiles I added while it was wired now work wireless. So happy!

As a sidenote: this is a really cool experience. A totally new way to play FPS as well as TPS for me. I used to be a keyboard enthusiast not so long ago, then started enjoying controllers, especially for TPS like Mass Effect: Andromeda. But aiming with an analog stick is a real pain! Now I can control movement, jumping, crouching etc. with the controller in one hand, while precisely aiming and shooting with the mouse in the other. Best of both worlds. I just wished the controller itself was a little more ergonomic, but I'm already getting used to it.

Thanks for the help DevX and RAM Stealer!

Comment

Thanks for your feedback, and we're glad you found a solution!

Comment

Working...
                                X