modern warfare mouse settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modern warfare mouse settings

I’m trying to make my pc think I’m using a controller when I’m using a mouse and keyboard and I’ve got everything working correctly other then the mouse movement feels awful. There is crazy mouse acceleration, it skips around a lot, moves faster when I move my mouse fast, distance moved doesn’t seem to matter. Ideally I’d like my aim to move bases of the distance I move my mouse, not off the speed in which I move my mouse.

Does anyone have a good mouse setting for me to try out that feels like a regular mouse? Also what in game settings are you using? There is different response curves to choice from.

yes I have the full paid for version of rewasd.

Thanks for your help.

Hello!

Have you tried our default config embedded to the app or available here?

It has lots of settings and customization, but mouse-stick may require more depending on your physical device and personal expectations.

I would suggest you learn more from this post.

As far as I understand now, you may need to lower the sensitivity. But first, I would be grateful if you try our config as a starting point.

Comment

No I have not tried that config. I tried to configure everything on my own. Everything is working great expect the mouse. I will definitely try that out and report back. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

You just gotta keep messing with your settings until you find something that works. I've been messing with my settings for three days now and have yet to find something that gives me the pin point accuracy I'm looking for. I'll give you some pointers if I find something.

Comment

Winds Howling
          We did some work with our config, so we definitely recommend start from it.

Will be happy to know about your findings and feedback!

Comment

Ive also been messing with my config and have yet to find something that I’m comfortable with. But a good start was editing the right stick settings in gamepad. Max out the deflection zone and then trial and error the actual mouse response curve. If I come up with something more fine tuned I shall upload!

Comment

Will be happy to see it!
              You may also need to tune in-game settings, they also influence.

Comment

because the stick has stick accerleration, it is a stupid default setting in COD and u can't close it like in BF. shit setting of cod.

Comment

Originally Posted by ventus View Post
                  because the stick has stick accerleration, it is a stupid default setting in COD and u can't close it like in BF. shit setting of cod.

You can remove stick acceleration (from any game) by using a trick - lower the stick's maximum speed. The size of the lowering must be adapted to the specific game.
                  If speed does not affect the game, you must additionally select the option - Affect Gamepad Hardware

Click image for larger version

Name:	stickacceleration.jpg
Views:	3752
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	219616

Attached Files

Comment

Originally Posted by Nirpo View Post

You can remove stick acceleration (from any game) by using a trick - lower the stick's maximum speed. The size of the lowering must be adapted to the specific game.
                    If speed does not affect the game, you must additionally select the option - Affect Gamepad Hardware

Click image for larger version  Name:	stickacceleration.jpg Views:	15 Size:	157.8 KB ID:	219616

Doesn't cutting acceleration like that only work if you don't reach that deflection?

With warzone I'm unsure if the in-game response curves affect configs. If they do it'd be worthwhile to compare linear and standard. I'm currently using a standard curve and sensitivity of 8 with 1.2 ADS sensitivity. Make your deadzone 0​​​​​​​. You want every input to register.
                    For the mouse config it's pretty annoying.I found that if you try to set a 0 acceleration you must increase your sensitivity, up to the point where it'll read a maximum deflection with the slightest movement and go to the highest y-value in the response curve. Try this config I played around with for a while and lmk what you think. I managed really low sensitivities by using a high native mouse dpi. It was the only way I could keep the deflections to a minimum.

https://www.rewasd.com/community/con...7f429f1c3c3f97

Comment

Hey there!

The trick Nirpo suggested works for physical sticks, not for a mouse mapped to a stick.

As for the idea to lower the deadzone of a controller when you use a mouse is a brilliant idea, you got it right. It will make the mouse movements smoother.

Comment

update: uploaded another config just look for the same uploader as the first! Would love to have them tested and be given suggestions. Tried my hand at dropping acceleration to 0. The main problems I'm running into as of right now are ADS wilding out after trying to snap to a target, and a pretty slow (sort of lagging behind mouse) turn speed.

Comment

Originally Posted by hussainnowair@gmail.com View Post
                          update: uploaded another config just look for the same uploader as the first! Would love to have them tested and be given suggestions. Tried my hand at dropping acceleration to 0. The main problems I'm running into as of right now are ADS wilding out after trying to snap to a target, and a pretty slow (sort of lagging behind mouse) turn speed.
                          Your mouse is not unmapped in Shift 1 which is active when you aim. Please add unmap to mute the native mouse behavior, because without it your game gets two inputs and may react unexpectedly.

Comment

Finished product: https://www.rewasd.com/community/con...82151f8d382313

lmk what you think!

Comment

Great, thanks for sharing!

Do you like how it works now?

By the way, it seems that Shift 2 (with native mouse and keyboard) doesn't have a modifier. It is better to set it so you can easily get your mouse back when you are navigating Windows.

Comment

Working...
                              X