Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• autodetect not working?

Hello.
    First, I'm not an English speaker, so I'm writing using a translator.

This is the main subject, autodetect does not work well.
    When I press the "Apply" button manually, the mapping seems to work without any problems.
    But when I use autodetect, the mapping doesn't work when I focus the game window.
    If I switch Unmap and Remap many times, the mapping works fine. But it rarely succeeds once.
    Is there any solution?

And this may be my misunderstanding,
    I feel that the autodetect mapping speed has slowed down since this issue occurred.
    It takes about 2-3 seconds for mapping after focus on the window.

I'm using:
    Xbox Elite Controller v2 (and MS official Wireless receiver)
    ReWASD Version 5.4.0 (Full features bought)

Hello,

Please, specify what game? What exe files were added to the associated app? If you open a game location, are there any other exe files, like laucher.exe or etc.? If so, please add all *.exe file to the config.
    More tips about the Autodetect option is here.

Mappings are not proceeding instant and require some time, but 2-3 seconds is pretty long. What config do you use? Are some combo, shifts there? It would be great if you share the config (software Preferences - MyData -Configs - select the config directory and attach the *.rewasd file).

Also, we would appreciate it if you collect log for us to check the problem detailed. Check this link ho to collect tracetext logs.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Attach the Config file and the log file.

The exe file including launcher is registered in "associated app".
      In particular:
      (installdir)/Warframe.x64.exe
      (installdir)/Tools/Launcher.exe

I used to create some Configs for games other than Warframe, but before the last post I re-installed the controller driver and ReWASD (check Remove all my configs ~), I recreated the Warframe config that I use frequently. (It still didn't help)

The Shift used is the default +1, and the key assignments other than the rear paddle have not been changed.
      Please refer to the attached configuration file.

Log collection was performed by the following procedure.
      1. PC bootup
      2. Apply -tracetext option (and restart ReWASD)
      3. Connect the controller
      4. Start Warframe from Steam (launcher.exe starts, then the game starts)
      5. Check the operation of the gamepad after the Warframe has started up (mapping was not working properly)
      6. Switch to Empty Slot, and switch to Slot to which Config is assigned again (fortunately it was applied in one switch)
      7. Check if mapping is working
      8. Exit ReWASD

By the way, Slots 1 and 3 are empty, and Configs are assigned to Slots 2 and 4.
      By doing this, it is possible to repeatedly assign and release Config each time the button in the center of the controller is pressed.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello
        Thank you for your attachments.

According to logs, besides the laucher.exe, the steam.exe process is also detected - ForegroundApplicationMonitorServiceOnChanged Detected foreground process change ProcessName: steam.

Maybe, the steam could intercept the focus for a moment and back to the game launcher which makes auto-switching longer. Please, try to add the steam.exe process to associated apps. So, it should be 3 added processes:

Warframe.x64.exe
        Launcher.exe
        steam.exe

Try to reproduce the problem then.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I tried adding steam.exe to the associated apps.
          The switch seems to be a little faster, but Autodetect still doesn't work.

By the way, I recalled that Steam also has a function to change the mapping of the controller, I checked the setting, but it was disabled.
          Steam -> Settings -> Controller -> GENERAL CONTROLLER SETTINGS
          Xbox configuration support (checkbox is off)

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for the feedback.

You mean switching faster when proceeding it manually. IT's weird that audodetect doesn't work. Ok, may I ask you to do the following:

1. Close reWASD, exit the reWASD Tray agent too 2. Proceed to C:\ProgramData\Disc-Soft\reWASD and remove all the *.binv2 files from there. This folder is usually hidden by default, so you might need to press the View tab in explorer and pick Show hidden items.

2. Set the autodetect again but for a single slot. So, you mark the game config with radar and set the slot #1 and another config that also will be applied to slot#1. Do not use other slots.

Try to reproduce the problem.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hmm, it may be caused by the Warframe or something specific to my environment.
              I have created a new Config.
              Stick-click was assigned to Paddle to confirm remap operation, and Dark souls Remastered was registered to associated apps.
              I checked autodetect and assigned Dark souls Config and Warframe Config to Slot1 from the radar mark. Other Slots are not used.

First, I started Warframe, but Remap wasn't working.
              Next, I started Dark souls Remastered and confirmed that the paddle assignment was working. Remap was done correctly.
              And I started Warframe again, but Remap didn't work.

I was checking the operation while displaying the ReWASD window, but the name of the currently assigned config is displayed at the bottom of the window.
              The name of Config was changed every time the game was started, so it seemed that the assignment was done correctly.

Apparently, if Autodetect's Remap succeeds, or press Apply and manually perform Remap, Autodetect works fine until shut down PC.
              For the time being, I will manually perform Remap for Warframe.
              Finally, reinstall Warframe and see if Autodetect works.Posting may take a while.

Comment

Hey there!

It may be also a chance that Warframe launches some other process that is not included into the list of associated apps.

According to our community, "Warframe.exe" is also required. Could you please try to add it?

Comment

Warframe.exe does not exist in the installation folder.
                  It seems that only Warframe.x64.exe is running in the task manager.

I reinstalling Warframe did not change anything. (It was as expected.)

Comment

Thanks for checking, maybe that exe works in other systems only. Are there any other related exe files in game directory?

Comment

As I wrote in the previous post, there are two of them, but they are already registered in the associated apps.
                      (installdir)/Warframe.x64.exe
                      (installdir)/Tools/Launcher.exe

Others seem to have RemoteCrashSender.exe, which seems to be for sending crash reports in the same directory as the launcher.

Comment

I see

Strange, can't understand what is a problem with this game. Will try to re-check it with Steam client and will be back once we find something.

Comment

Unfortunately, my controller is broken (it's a physical failure, not software).
                          I am planning to repair or replace it because it is within the warranty period, but during that time I will not be able to confirm the countermeasure.

It's a little inconvenient, but there is no problem with the ReWASD function, so I will continue to use it after replacement.

Thank you for your support.

Comment

Hope you will be back soon!

I've checked Warframe launched from Steam with the same associated processes, your config and Elite 2, and it seems to be working flawlessly.
                            Maybe there is some issues with slots. Will try to investigate when you get your controller back.

Comment

Hi, it's been a long time.
                              The controller also returned, and as a result of performing a clean installation of Windows and rebuilding the environment, I found a part that seems to be the cause, so I will report it.
                              We use the profile attached in the previous post for confirmation.

Discord
                              First, if Discord is started before ReWASD mapping, mapping does not seem to be done properly.
                              Currently I am dealing with this by manually launching Discord.

Razer synapse
                              I don't have a Razer device, but I use this software for a Razer surround.
                              This is awkward and the mapping doesn't seem to work properly just by installing it.
                              No workarounds have been found for the moment.

Oddly enough, this issue is only happening in Warframe.
                              For other games I have, the mapping works fine for now.
                              Also, only keyboard inputs (T and F assigned to paddles) in the mapping are working, and game pad inputs (ABXY, LR buttons, triggers, etc.) do not seem to work.
                              In the extreme, it would be nice if all the actions of the gamepad could be replaced with keyboard input, but that's difficult.
                              Also, the two softwares mentioned above were used before this issue occurred and ReWASD mapping was working properly as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X