Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with the Virtual Input Device Initialization

Hello,

I have a problem when I launch ReWasd. I've got this screen that pops up at launch :

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	601
Size:	419.3 KB
ID:	220112
    When I click on "reinstall now" nothing happens. I try to reinstall from scratch but without success.
    I also try to desactivate my antivirus software but I still have the problem.

What's surprising is that I've already used the software for 1 month without any problem, but since I did a windows update yesterday (I don't know if it can be related) I can't get rid of this problem.

Does anyone know how to fix it please ?
    Thank you in advance for your reply and have a nice day!

Hello,
    Please open the registry editor (win+R - > type regedit) and check the following registry threads:

1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4d36e96b-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    2. Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlS et\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Take the screenshot of both of them. We need to see the UpperFilter value. You may copy/paste threads in the registry search line on the top.

Thank you in advance.

PS. What Windows updates were installed recently?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Here are the two screenshots.

I made yesterday the update to Windows 10 version 2004 (I was on version 1910).

Name:	registre1.PNG
Views:	501
Size:	356.1 KB
ID:	220117

Name:	registre2.PNG
Views:	486
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	220116
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the screenshots. It helped understand the problem.

I would also ask you to open the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\ and send us archive logs. The is a setup logs that are created automatically during the software installation.

And also, send me the file with system information. It doesn’t include any personal data but shows active processes, installed apps, and drivers. It will help us recreate the same conditions and reproduce the issue from our side.
        1. Type ‘msinfo’ in Windows search.
        2. Press Enter to open System Information tool.
        3. Go to File -> Save 4. Send me the *.nfo file you get.

Sorry that we're asking a lot of to do, but it will help us to find a solution.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Here is the nfo file : https://we.tl/t-pClgIAR8Bb

And here is the archive with all the logs present in the folder : https://we.tl/t-CIN3o7fQUI

Thank you a lot !

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for your cooperation.

According to logs, I would recommend doing the clean installation again, as it seems that the reWASD wasn't removed completely. Here are the steps:

1. Go to the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\ and remove all logs that are placed in this directory.
            2. Open the C:\Program Files\reWASD and run uninst.exe
            3. Reboot the PC after reWASD uninstallation.
            4. Install the ver. 5.4 (the required setup file you may find in your personal account).

If the problem persists, check the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\ again for the setup logs.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I follow your instructions but I still have the same issue.

Here are the new log files : https://we.tl/t-6wu3NqdMx9

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for your reply.

The reason why reWASD doesn't run properly is that our driver was wiped out by another one - SynTP - Synaptic touchpad driver which is part of Lenovo software - https://prnt.sc/t6rvj4. So, our driver is re-wiped every reboot after software installation which causes this error message. Perhaps it's due to the latest Windows update and incompatibility with the current version of Lenovo software or unsuccessful Windows update itself.

I might assume that Windows re-installing will fix the issue. It always fixes everything.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you a lot for your help, I will try that.

Have a nice day

Comment

Hello,

You're welcome, have a nice day too.
                    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                    X