Key stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key stuck

I have a virtual controller bound to KB and mouse. X = E and left stick = WASD. The problem is the keys are stuck but not physically. This means that when in game I can't stop running and my character picks up everything. I have mapped the config to different keys but the same happens. Unmap is turned on for the keys as well so that is not the issue.

Hello,

As I understood you do use the keyboard and mouse as a virtual controller. May I ask you what config do you use, standard remote play config or any else?

Is it happens in the game only? Like, if you test opening joy.cpl buttons aren't' stuck, are they? What game do you play? Also, does the problem reproduce on other buttons, not WASD? Please try to remap the left stick up to another button. Is behavior the same?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Same happens with E and R if mapped to X from controller.

I also mapped up left stick to the number 2 and the same happens.

Comment

Same happens with E and R if mapped to X from controller.

I also mapped up left stick to the number 2 and the same happens.

Also joy. cpl works fine and this only happens in game

Apex legends
        ​​​

Comment

Hello,

It's quite weird. But If it's happening in a game, is any chances to check another game with the same config, bindings?
          Will be a problem be the same?

The last game I played with remote play config was COD WZ but I didn't have the described issue.
          Do you have a gamepad, btw? Instead of KMB, you can also try gamepad with the remapped virtual controller to check the game behavior.

Sorry, that I couldn't help you at once.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry I do not have a game pad.
            This only happens in Apex, I have not tried with any other game yet.

Comment

Hey there! This sounds truly weird. Could you please try to change the type of the virtual controller and re-check? Here is how to do it.

Attached Files

Comment

It seems the issue happens when I use shift 4 to take control of my mouse, then when I return to main config it causes this glitch.
                I tried a different keyboard and same happens.

Try change to another gamepad type and see, although not sure what is what

Comment

Change virtual game pad and the same happens. It is definitely after using shift modifier.

Comment

I'm going to import a different config and see what happens

Comment

Hello,
                      Thank you for your reply.

Have never faced such an issue before. Please, try another config and let us know about aby results.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi 3 more configs from the community and all 3 give issues with different buttons.
                        Current one gets stuck on the fire trigger which is left mouse.

Comment

Remapped the config from previous post and still happens. Basically fire trigger gets stuck and expels all ammo and once reloaded just starts firing again. The only way to stop it is to disable rewasd config.

Comment

Hello,
                            Thank you for your feedback.

The trigger stucks after shift changing, like main - > shift 4 - > main -> press trigger - > trigger stays pressed? If the problem relates with the shift we may try to remove some shift for testing/ Let's say disable shift 2 (shift for aiming) and try to reproduce the problem - http://recordit.co/0qye9XkD09

Or it happens randomly in the game?
                            May I ask you to specify exact steps and we would also try to reproduce the problem.

Also, do you use the reWASD ver. 5.4?
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

I think we have reproduced the problem. Steps are:

- Press W (WASD = Left stick)
                              - With being pressed W button switch to shift 4.
                              - Release W, the game think that its keyboard - > press W again and switch to main again.
                              - The game sees the controller but W keeps being pressed as keyboard button not as stick being deflected forward. character keeps moving. The same issue with the shooting.

To stops character moving you need to switch to shift 4 and press W again, then return to main and W as a stick. But I would suggest release the W or left mouse button then switch to K&B to avoid the "sticky button" issue.

Apparently, this is a game issue, not the reWASD, as the problem is not reproducible out of the game.
                              Will try t check other games.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X