Toggle a Shift layer inside a macro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toggle a Shift layer inside a macro?

I'm using reWASD to map Keyboard + Mouse controls in Satisfactory to an Xbox 360 style controller so I can play comfortably on the couch. I have everything working great, however this game has a lot of menus! Right now the mouse movement is tied to the right stick, just like any other game with FPS style controls.
    When in a menu however, it is much more intuitive to have the mouse movement on the left stick. To do this, I created a shift layer with this mapping, and bound the shift activation to an unused key ('M') with toggle turned on. This works alright, but it's annoying to have to manually toggle the layer on after opening a menu, and then manually toggle it off before closing the menu.

So what I want to do is automatically toggle the shift layer when I press a button that would open a menu (there are multiple, so I can't just tie it to one button). For example, say I have the X button mapped to the 'Q' key, which opens the build menu. It would be great if the X button could also trigger the 'M' key to activate the shift layer in addition to pressing 'Q'. I tried to do this with a macro or "key combo" but the shift layer was not activated. Checking in a text field, it DID type 'qm', but the shift layer is not activated.

Am I just doing something wrong? Is this not supported? (if not, it really should be).

I have purchased the reWASD complete pack so any and all features are available to me to make this happen.

Hey there!

Shift cannot be activated with a mapping, but it can be activated with a button that opens the menu.

It seems that the only thing you need is to set X on a controller as a Shift Modifier with a Toggle.

Comment

That might work for a single button, but there are 3-4 different buttons that all open different menus. I could create an identical shift layers for each of them but I already used one for other things, so I only have three left... plus that is very cumbersome to set up.

Comment

I understand that it may sound a bit difficult, but seems different Shift layers are the best option.

The idea to use a mapping as a Shift modifier may lead to logical inconsistencies. We will discuss it with a team, but I am not sure if we could accomplish this thing anytime soon.

Comment

I appreciate you considering this. I'm sure there are indeed many ways someone could work themselves into logical corners if shift layers could be activated as part of a macro.

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you too!
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
            X