Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow PC (device / input issue KB+M)

Hi reWASD team!

I have a question regarding using reWASD on Shadow PC (virtual CPU).

I'm looking to use KB+M to emulate a virtual controller, and I almost have it working as intended!

The issue is that all of my inputs are coming through a single device, that is, when using 'Detect active devices', both my keyboard strokes and mouse movement are detected on one single input. Re-initializing will change that device from either a 'HID Keyboard Device OR 'Mouse' icon.

This means while playing, I have to choose between the keyboard or mouse working as intended, but not both at once because I can't separate and group the 2 devices / bindings to work together.

I imagine this is due to the way Shadow forwards my USB peripherals over their virtual process. It's as if it combines my physical keyboard and mouse into one 'device' on the virtual PC.

Is there anyway to work around this? Or is this simply not going to work on a virtual PC?

Thanks for your help!

Hello!

That is not a problem. You need to associated this device as a mouse. Then, you add mouse mappings as usual and add keyboard mappings to Additional mouse button section.

Click image for larger version

Name:	418877f517.jpg
Views:	822
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	220461

We have a ready-to-go config (based on the default PS4 Remote Play one) for such a case. You can download it from here.

I hope it will help you, so you do not need to add all mappings from scratch.

Comment

That worked! Thanks for the quick reply and assistance

I have one more question: I'm not using any of the 'cheat' functions (such as combo, turbo, etc).

That said, I notice that for this to work, I have to select the launcher.exe for the game. I want to make sure that this will not trigger EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat)?

Comment

Hello,

Well, from our side, we haven't got any feedback or reports concerning the bans.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
        X