No announcement yet.

How to deal with a low output joystick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with a low output joystick?

I recently purchased the PowerA Wireless Switch Pro Controller and, after returning it twice, have discovered that the joysticks are designed to not send 100% output in any direction. Both X and Y axes on both joysticks cap out at ~85% output so I need a way to amplify the output by a small amount. Is this possible in reWASD? I gave Steam Input a shot and it worked out of the box without any tweaking so I think part of SI's support for the PowerA controllers is automatically multiplying the joystick output.

Additionally, I tried using Window's calibration but it doesn't appear to be doing anything so I think reWASD ignores this and pull input directly from the controller.

Hello!

We do not have stick calibration at the moment, but we are planning to add it in one of the next releases (but not in the upcoming version for sure).

At the moment, I suggest you to do the following. In the config, go to Advanced stick settings and set a bit different Response curve:

Click image for larger version

Name:	6c6989d3f2.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	220620

With this one, the stick will be deflected to 100% when it sends 85% only.

Sorry, I've made a screenshot using the new unreleased version, so you may see a small teaser of a new feature we are going to add there

Comment

Thanks! I could have sworn I tried that first but it definitely worked this time.

Comment

Yay! Great :satisfied:

Comment

Working...
        X