Error: -1 on install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error: -1 on install

I have tried every solution on the forums to try and fix this issue and I just keep getting it every single time I try to use this software, no matter what route I take. I've uninstalled, re-installed it over 10 times, cleared reWASD from my registry, cleaned all traces of it in my files, no active antivirus or security measures during install etc. etc.

Not sure what else I could possibly do, which is a shame since I bought this software to try making keybind functions. It's quite disappointing and frustrating and I'd rather not ask for a refund and simply try and get this working. As of this post, I have uninstalled it once again. Any ideas?

Hello,

I am sorry you have faced with such difficulties. When you got the Error: -1 message, please open Services, find the gamepad controller mapping service, and right mouse click and check if the service us running (screenshot). Please run it manually if it's stopped. Are there any error messages popping up after manually starting? Please take the screenshot of them.

Also, please open the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\ and find a log zip archive. Please attach up to date archive with your reply.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'll re-install, give it a try and update you.

Comment

As of now, reWASD does nothing when I choose to start the game pad service, starting this is usually when it starts up, stalls then gives me Error: -1, but now it's simply freezing up. It does not generate a zipped log in the archive as of now. When I tried to manually start the game pad service in Services, it gave me this error.Click image for larger version

Name:	gp1.PNG
Views:	871
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	220817

Comment

Hello,
          Thank you for your reply.

Please, check one more time the C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs\ directory and logs archive. It should look like this https://prnt.sc/tzyjga but up to dated.

Any antiviruses that are installed, running background? Please, disable them (temporary).

If logs are absent, may I ask you to collect the required logs manually? Before logs collecting, please, remove reWASD if it's installed, reboot the PC.
          Steps are:

1. Extract "reWASDLogging_logman" archive we shared with the link.
          2. Open "reWASDLogging_logman" folder. You will be able to see two files(StartLog.bat and StopLog.bat). Open cmd via Administrator (click Windows key, type in cmd, right-click Command Prompt, pick Launch as Administrator) and navigate to a directory where reWASDLogging_logman was extracted.
          3. Type StartLog.bat. Launch the reWASD installer, proceed with the installation and reproduce the problem when error -1 is displayed.
          - Back to cmd and type StopLog.bat.
          - After that, the new folder("Log") and archive file(Log.zip) will be created.
          - Send us Log.zip file or "Log" folder.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Will do and follow up with an update.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I followed these instructions perfectly. It seems that StartLog.bat starts some sort of countdown, but I went ahead and left the window open anyway and waited for it to produce error: -1, then ran StopLog.bat command. It produced no Logs in the folder.

Comment

It said "Error: Cannot create a file when that file already exists".

Comment

Here is the prompt for even more reference.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,
                      Thank you for your feedback.

Please, try to use this archive for the logging. Steps to collect logs are the same.
                      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

UPDATE: Here are the logs from the error I reproduced!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the logs. We check them and back to you ASAP.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Just for context, I ran the first .bat, started reWASD, let the error appear, then pressed OK and let it close, then ran the second .bat, this is the correct sequence? No running the second .bat with the error window still open?

Comment

Hello,

Logs are fine. Let me clarify another thing. Please, open Service and find Windows Management Instrumentation service. Open Properties and check the Startup type and service status.

According to the logs, the problem is in the WMI service. Apparently it's disabled or stopped. Please start it and startup type - Automatic.
                              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                              X