Gyro + stick aiming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gyro + stick aiming

Hello. I love how detailed this software is and all the features you guys are adding. But I have a problem with the gyro on my DS4. I play with gyro and right stick on my DS4 mapped to right stick on xbox 360. Stick for big camera movements, and gyro for precise aiming. They are mapped to stick instead of mouse because I want the aim-assist that halo: mcc allows with controllers.

The problem is that sometimes when I'm aiming and I stop, the camera keeps moving. As if I had drift on my (virtual) xbox 360 controller. But I've verified many times that my DS4 doesn't have drift and neither do my gyro controls. I think I have found the culprit and it is not gyro calibration, as some people would think. I am able to easily reproduce the problem by holding right on my right stick, then moving the gyro to the right, and then releasing the right stick while I'm still moving the gyro to the right. The result is that the virtual xbox 360 controller now has a new "center" in the direction you were holding. Sometimes the "center" can be reset to correct value by flicking my right stick, but sometimes it doesn't fix it all the way. Regardless, it is very detrimental to my gameplay every time this happens, and it happens very often.

I think the x-axis of the virtual right stick is overloaded from the full value of the DS4 right stick, plus the value of the gyro movement. Then when they stop, it only subtracts the DS4 right stick value from the overflow virtual right stick, which leads to a new "center" way off in the right.

I am very interested in buying this software if this can be fixed. I know gyro is pretty new, so I hope you are able to address it when you can.

Hello,

I case of stick drifting, I would check the dead zone in gyro advanced settings and make it a bit bigger, like this. But for more details may I ask you to share your config to check your mappings and gyro settings (Settings - May Data - Config).

Thank you in advance.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I have messed with the dead zone quite a bit. The gyro dead zone helps because of lack of calibration. But the problem goes further. When gyro and RS are both mapped to RS and you are actively aiming with both, the center of the RS is lost as described above. The issue isn't stick drift. Using https://gamepad-tester.com/ I can see that my joysticks are in good shape. Even by gently wiggling the joysticks, they remain very close to the center and when I flick them, the spring back to where they need to.

I have recorded a clip on https://gamepad-tester.com/ to show you the issue. One gamepad is the DS4 because it isn't hidden in REWASD, and the other is the virtual xbox controller. Both controlled with the DS4. But obviously the gyro is only reflected in the virtual xbox controller RS. When I use the RS at the same time as gyro but suddenly release the RS, the virtual RS remains stuck in the direction until I move the real RS again.

Read video description for VERY detailed explanation. Unlisted video, no ads.

Comment

Can't edit post. Heres my config
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello!

Thanks for the detailed video and description, we have reproduced the issue from our side and will do our best to fix it in the next versions.

Comment

Thank you, I look forward to it

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your understanding and sorry for the inconvenience.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hey there!

We have released reWASD 5.5.1, and it includes the fix for gyro mapped to the virtual stick. You are welcome to try it The full list of changes is here.

Comment

Working...
                X