Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning with results...

Actually I don't have good news so far.
    Tested with vsync on and with delay between keys set to zero. I don't see any advantage in performance.
    Tested also with different delay between keys ie. 20, 30.

Attempted another test using virtual controller.
    I assigned virtual controller buttons to keyboard keys. The game recognized DS4 controller present. Configured steering within game option menu. So the game thought I was playing with DS4 controller and experience was very smooth, no lagging or any sort of it. However combo recording function was not registering any keys pressed so it was not possible to record a combo using virtual controller at all. On the other hand all other keys not remapped were being recorded.

Comment

Hello,
      Thank you for your reply.

1. I'm tending to think that vsync is the problem. It's quite a glitchy thing and it's the main reason why the recorded combo doesn't reproduce exactly as it has been recorded. Any attempts vsync off and zero delays?

2. You right, no option to record virtual controller inputs, gotta enter in a manual way. Other keys are keyboard ones and they are able to be used while combo recording.
      Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Zero delay between keys combined with vsync disabled does not improve performance.

Comment

Hey there! Could you please share the config you use now? We will try to re-check it in a game.

Comment

Hi there.

Thank you, reWASDer. Also, check the latest updates and install the latest 5.5.1 version. Try to reproduce the problem. The latest setup contains lots of optimization, that could positive to fix the issue.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello chudy105

We have released reWASD 5.6 that allows you to record combos with less then 1-10 ms pauses. Would be grateful if you could check whether it makes any difference with your games.

You will get +3 additional days to test the new version. Please download the latest build from rewasd.com.

Comment

Hi again after a while,

I'll check the latest version you've got in the coming weeks and revert with outcome.

By the way I keep searching for possible solution and it is not readily available on internet. It's actually difficult to find. I hope that with your technical knowledge it can be solved.

As you know each time I execute recorded inputs the vehicle is steered differently and never follows my original racing line. My aim is to reproduce inputs exactly as I enter them during gameplay. Actually it would be excellent to be able to do it in every game. When it becomes possible then it would open the whole new world of possibilities to reproduce repetitively a vehicle run through the track and even introduce minor changes to recorded inputs to make the run even more perfect. It is desired thing for all time trial record hunters.
                As far as I know the problem rests in so-called desyncs. Basically, the macro won’t always produce the same output. These desyncs come from the fact (over-simplification) that modern OS’es like Windows
                don’t run processes in „real-time”. However, it is possible to reduce the impact of these desyncs but I don't have a clue how. I don't know how advanced the problem is. So the problem might rest outside your app somewhere in the operating system. Nevertheless your help and advice in this regard how the system should be tweaked to reproduce macros precisely will be greatly appreciated.

As I said I will test the latest version and report on findings.
                cheers

Comment

There is no way our software can ever 'tweak' windows, as we are not aiming at affecting the windows settings.

Still, regarding your case, as the pause adjustment is possible up to 1ms, you can record the combo you want to be reproduced and adjust the pauses manually to 'decrease' lags you were facing with.

We assume the issue with 'delay' is not caused by our software as well, as each pause can be adjusted manually. Also, we provide the least input delay possible.

Comment

Hey! Do you also use it and there are no problems?

Comment

Working...
                    X