Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Diagonal Joystick?

First off, you guys are awesome!!!

You turned my XBox Elite Series 2 into an "all in one" Flight Sim HOTAS that I can use for my laptop while sitting in a Lazy Boy Chair.

I am using it for XPlane 11 and I have everything I need mapped almost perfectly.

I have the Left joystick mapped to pitch & roll trim.

And the left D Pad mapped to saved views out of the aircraft.

I would like to swap those functions so the joystick switches views and the D Pad controls trim.

But I need 8 directions mapped, and XPlane only allows combinations (Left + Up, Right + Up, etc) to be mapped to the D Pad, not the joystick.

I tried to achieve this result with REWASD but it does not allow me to map the Joystick Diagonals (i.e. Left + Up, Right + Up, etc) to a single keyboard button.

Would you guys be able to modify the Joystick mapping so that when I press it in a diagonal (iLeft + Up, Right + Up, etc) it sends a single letter to the keyboard instead of a combination of 2 letters?

- Maj D

Hi there!

You can archieve that with [Shortcuts].

Select [L-Stick High] zone, [L-Stick Up] and [L-Stick Left] for up+left diagonal, map it to the key you want, and do the same for three other directions like this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Diagonal mappings.png Views:	1 Size:	30.7 KB ID:	221528

[F1] is just an example. You might also want to add 4 other directions to the shortcuts ([L-High]+[L-Up], [L-Hight]+[L-Down], etc.), so they all will be in the same zone. That way you could use lower zones for something else. You can adjust zones in [Advanced] tab of a left stick.

Comment

Thank you so much!!!

That worked perfectly...

- Maj D

Comment

Hey guys,
        Just found the answer for a 8-way D-pad :
        I also wanted to create the keycombo to Toggle a Turbo mapping (answer 14).

Comment

Hi there,

To make a toggled turbo: to do that you need to create a combo button + pause - > toggle it.

A button will start pressing and releasing until you press a button again. Here is also use case description.
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
          X