Joy-Cons Input Lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joy-Cons Input Lag

I noticed while playing Devil May Cry 5 that there's some input lag when you have both joy-cons connected. I've tried connecting one at a time and both at the same time but it still results in either one of them having input lag. I tested another program called BetterJoy to see if my bluetooth adapter is weak or something but apparently it seems to be not the case as my inputs worked perfectly with it.

I tried removing joycons from the bluetooth settings and reconnecting, make a new config, reinstalling rewasd, etc. but the problem still persists so I guess its probably a bug within rewasd or something. Anyone else having this problem?

Hello,

What config do you use for the joy-cons, I mean how joy-cons are remapped to? Like, do you use a remapped controller to keyboard and mouse or created a virtual controller (Xbox, DS4, etc.)?
    Any combos, turbo mappings in the config?

As I understand, no lags out of the game, only with a specific game. How do you see this lags in the game and are they reproduced with other games?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Its not really tied to a specific game as it happens to other games as well but not as noticeable as DMC5(where input is really important like fighting games) and I usually map my joy-cons to DS4 or Xbox controls no combos or anything else of that sort. I can usually tell right away if either joy-cons have input lag by moving the sticks. For example, my right joy-con have input lag if the camera movement isn't smooth at all. I can tell there's nothing wrong with a config or anything because if I turn off/disconnect my left joy-con it got a lot smoother. The input lag isn't just the sticks either, as it affects the whole joy-con as well such as tapping the trigger to shoot. It affects gyro as well when I was testing mouse gyro on either joy-con with one being a lot smoother than the other.

Outside of games I tested my joy-cons by mapping buttons to keyboards, scrolling on sticks, and mouse gyro and I noticed the same as well.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the explanation, but kinda puzzled regarding your question. May I ask you to open software Preferences - > LED settings and disable all options there. Try to reproduce the issue. Do you feel differences?

Any changes to try another BT adapter, just to make sure that the hardware is out of the list.

Also, feels the same with grip and connected joy-cons via cable?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

May I ask you to open software Preferences - > LED settings and disable all options there. Try to reproduce the issue. Do you feel differences?
          Disabled every LED settings still the same problem.

Any changes to try another BT adapter, just to make sure that the hardware is out of the list.
          Tried another usb bluetooth dongle and the problem still exists.

Also, feels the same with grip and connected joy-cons via cable?
          Don't have any extra accessories connected to my joy-cons at all and no option to connect by cable either.

So far I don't think there's any problem on the hardware side since I don't have any input lag at all on both joy-cons when using another software like BetterJoy and JoyShockMapper.

Ok so I found the source of the problem and how to fix it. Turns out the root cause was the turn off controller mapping and it causes input lag when you turn the joy-cons back on. I fixed it by using the sync button on the joy-cons to reconnect and now both no longer have any input lag. Tested about 7 times and it's the same every time.
          Last edited by SenkiRei; 21.09.2020, 13:30.

Comment

​Hello!

We have released reWASD 5.6 that includes the fix of your issue.
            Thanks again for letting us know about it, and hope it will be the last misunderstanding with reWASD :satisfied:

You can learn more about the update from this post.​

Comment

Working...
            X