Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Preferences "Remove applied config ..." clos reWASD if no Controller is connected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preferences "Remove applied config ..." clos reWASD if no Controller is connected

Hi,

if i check the setting "Remove applied config on exit from the associated app" (Preferences - Tray Agent) and there is no Controller connected, reWASD closed after closing the associated App. If a Controller is conected it works fine.

Not a big problem, but it will be nice if reWASD still running in background after closing the App.

Greetings,
    Waetsch

Hello,

Please, open Settings - > General -> Clear Data. Try to reproduce the problem then.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Same behavior. I must say, that i put every Device with the exception of my Gamepad on the Blacklist. So the Icon show the unplugged symbol. If i remove my Mouse (for example) from the Blacklist (with "Remap Off"), the Icon with the grey dot is shown in Tray and reWASD don't close after closing associated App (associated in Controller-Config). So it's a workaround that's make me less worried and more happier ;-)

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

1. When you said reWASD is closing you meant crash? May I ask you to open Event Viewer (Windows Logs - Application) and check recent warnings or error regarding the reWASD.

2. Do we get steps correctly? There is an autodetect feature that is set for the gamepad. All devices except the gamepad are blacklisted. So you open the associated app - > remap is on automatically - > close the app that is active at the moment - > reWASD is closed (crash). Does it make sense in your case?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

1. Yes, it crash. I checked the Event Viewer, there are two Entries (sadly only in german because of a german windows version).
          2. Not excatly: No listed device is connected, start the associated app, close the app, reWASD is crashed. (Sometimes i play mit KB/M on PC, sometimes on TV with Gamepad). If the Gamepad is connected it works without problems.

Here the first Entry in Event Viewer:
          Anwendung: reWASDTray.exe
          Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
          Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
          Ausnahmeinformationen: System.NullReferenceException
          bei XBEliteWPF.Services.GamepadService+<RestoreDefault s>d__209.MoveNext()
          bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowF orNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
          bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handle NonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading .Tasks.Task)
          bei XBEliteTray.MainWindowViewModel+<DisableCurrentApp RemapOnFocusLostIfNeeded>d__22.MoveNext()
          bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowF orNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
          bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handle NonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading .Tasks.Task)
          bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Valida teEnd(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
          bei XBEliteTray.MainWindowViewModel+<ForegroundApplica tionMonitorServiceOnChanged>d__21.MoveNext()
          bei System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilder Core+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(System.Object)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eImpl()
          bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok eInSecurityContext(System.Object)
          bei MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Call backWrapper(System.Object)
          bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Syst em.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
          bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
          bei System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threa ding.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
          bei MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run( MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invok e()
          bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
          bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(In tPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
          bei MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
          bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( System.Object)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeIm pl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
          bei MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
          bei MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(Syste m.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl( System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
          bei System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(Syst em.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
          bei System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Ob ject)
          bei System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Wind ows.Window)
          bei System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Wind ow)
          bei XBEliteTray.TrayApp.Main()

The second Entry:
          Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: reWASDTray.exe, Version: 5.5.1.2985, Zeitstempel: 0x5f6081ef
          Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 10.0.19041.488, Zeitstempel: 0x42f14898
          Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
          Fehleroffset: 0x00129962
          ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x5ffc
          Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d690c9a5c20a2a
          Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files\reWASD\reWASDTray.exe
          Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
          Berichtskennung: c1eeedde-4417-43a1-95f6-bb9fc7ed56c8
          Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets:
          Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist:

Comment

Hello,
            Thank you for your reply.

Yes, it's a crash. May I ask you to collect some logs to investigate the problem in details. Please, collect the tracetext logs. This is the link describing how to collect it. So, create shortcuts for the reWASD.exe and reWASDTray.exe - > Launch the reWASD via these shortcuts - > reproduce the problem. Open the specified path and send us a package if text files.

Sorry for bothering you with an extra piece of work.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi,
              no problem. Send the Logs via the Support Form.
              Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Confirmed, that logs were received. Going to check them and back to you with fresh updates regarding the case.

Thank you for your cooperation.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello!

We have released reWASD 5.6 that includes the fix of your issue.
                  Thanks again for letting us know about it, and hope it will be the last misunderstanding with reWASD :satisfied:

You can learn more about the update from this post.

Comment

Working...
                  X