I walk slowly if going any direction but forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I walk slowly if going any direction but forward

I've been playing around in the stick settings, and while they don't make a lot of sense to me, I've tried every variation of settings I can imagine, moving the dots on the response graph, adjusting the X axis thing to the right, and various other things, and nothing seems to noticeably change no matter how I adjust any of it. Can anyone help me out? I don't want it to be all or nothing, I need to be able to slightly tilt to slow walk if needed, or else I'd just rebind each stick direction to WASD. Can I just make it think my stick tilt range is half of what it thinks it is now?

Hello,
    Thank you for your question.

What are your mappings? In case you stick is remapped to WASD, you always have pressed digital W press, unless some option in the game that makes your character walk slowly (combination if something).

If you play with the controller then you may try to play around with the stick curve and set dots in the middle of Y axes that is Cursor speed (screenshot) but at the end of the stick, deflection is going to be a sharp move. You may see it on the screenshot.

So, what are your mappings?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorry, I don't see a screenshot. I'm using a nintendo switch controller set to Xbox 360 settings, pretty much everything is default.

Comment

Hello,

Then try to tune the curve in the middle of even lower, but I see the previous post has been deleted. Was the issue fixed and how, very curious
        Or the fix of another issue was found?
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Actually now I have another issue. I went to fiddle with settings and it said there was an update. And now after the update I can no longer use my controller at all. As soon as it connects to bluetooth, it appears for a second or two in reWASD but immediately disconnects and turns the controller off. I thought I fixed it by clearing data in general settings, but as soon as I apply any settings to the controller the issue returns.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I get it.Open Preferences -> LED Settings - > select your controller type and uncheck all checkboxes. Hit the apply button. Try to apply the controller again. It should fix the issue.
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

That fixed the new issue, thanks! I still can't get the walking thing sorted though. You mentioned something about a screenshot in your first response, but I'm not seeing a screenshot, so I'm not sure what settings you suggested I mess with.

Comment

Originally Posted by dgbbad View Post
                That fixed the new issue, thanks! I still can't get the walking thing sorted though. You mentioned something about a screenshot in your first response, but I'm not seeing a screenshot, so I'm not sure what settings you suggested I mess with.
                The link was attached to the message itself.

Here it is.

Comment

Originally Posted by dgbbad
                  That fixed the new issue, thanks! I still can't get the walking thing sorted though. I had been playing around with the settings in your screenshot, but the effects aren't very noticeable so it's hard to tell what each thing actually does. Like how would I set them to make it where a slight movement left or right on the analog stick makes it think it is all the way left or right? If I can't figure that out, then I can probably figure out how to make it to my liking. But I've adjusted everything in that screenshot to every extreme I can think of and it barely makes any difference.
                  There are 3 zones available, low mid and high. Each one is responsible for each type of movement: slight one, medium, and all the way to the edge. Each zone range can be set up separately via the advanced settings.

Comment

I figured it out! I didn't realize the screenshot was a video! It was those dots, I just didn't realize I need to raise them all nearly to the top and it works. I'm still not sure what the effect of each dot's location actually does, but putting them all really hight up managed to get it working how I want. Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Originally Posted by dgbbad View Post
                      I figured it out! I didn't realize the screenshot was a video! It was those dots, I just didn't realize I need to raise them all nearly to the top and it works. I'm still not sure what the effect of each dot's location actually does, but putting them all really hight up managed to get it working how I want. Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.
                      The link was as shortcut to the word “screenshot”

Comment

Lol, sorry! I'm up and running, and how I have it is still workable for me. I still can't get diagonal directions to register as full blast, but at least now up, down, left, and right are working, and that's the most important.

Comment

Hi there.

Check this post regarding diagonals. The Shion described it in details.
                          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                          X