Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hold and toggle behavior on same button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hold and toggle behavior on same button?

Hello!

I've been a fairly advanced user of Steam Input for a long time, but now I'm trying this program out for the first time and trying to recreate some behavior I could do in Steam.

I'm working with a game (Genshin Impact) that has a key to toggle aim down sight on/off. Press the R key once and ADS is enabled; press it again and it's disabled. I cannot change this behavior in-game.

Ideally, I'd like to set up the left trigger on a gamepad like this:
    1. If I press and release the trigger, ADS is toggled (it sends R once).
    2. If I press and hold the trigger, ADS is enabled when the press is registered (sends R once), and then when I release the trigger, ADS is disabled again (sends R a second time).
    To put it another way, I'd like to add a Release Press activator, but ONLY if the trigger has been held for a certain amount of time first.

It's easy enough to get either of these behaviors to work on its own. Point #1 is just a regular press, and point #2 can be done by combining a start press and release press activator. I just can't figure out how to put the two together.

Is this possible within reWASD?

Hi there!

It is possible. You just have to set [Combo] of [R Down] [Pause 20ms] [R Up] with zero [Delay between keys] to [Long Press] activator and [R] to [Release Press].

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2020-10-08_015609.png
Views:	487
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	221876

The "certain amount of time" can be set with [Preferences > Press time > Long press time] option (300ms by default).

Comment

Working...
    X