Mouse Input for Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse Input for Joystick

Hello, I've been using ReWASD to change the joystick input to Mouse for first-person shooters. I lowered both the X and Y Vertical Axis Range to '1' so that I can have a comfortable range and follow players easily when they try to strafe side to side...

My problem is, my joystick seems to run into a "wall" at random and my joystick gets stuck. I can moving one way and then flick diagonally and it won't give me a 'Y' range or 'X' depending on my angle. I've tried lowering and increasing the deadzone but it makes no difference. I've even tried 'Unmapping' everything but the joystick and it still gets stuck.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Hi. We are sorry that you have faced with such difficulties.
    Please let us know which exact device you use and the game you are playing.

The possible issues is the input lag. You should also use the 'Unmaps' feature for the 'Joystick'. This type of movement 'stuck' can happen when the input switch happens during the movement.
    Unmaps feature does not disable the key comepletely. It disables only the key's initial function.

Try using the Unmaps for the 'joystick' as well.

Also, if you device is not in this LIST, we cannot guarantee it's functionality. We can only say Hurray if it works with no issues.

May the force be with you.

Comment

I'm using a Dualshock 4 on a Bluetooth dongle and Input lag was my very first guess. I have purchased a micro-b cable and am just waiting for it to be delivered.

Thank you for your response I will update soon.

I currently play CSGO.

Comment

Hello,

You're welcome. Feel free to contact if any questions remain.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello, so the “wall” is gone but now the mouse input is choppy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comment

Hello,

Open the stick advanced setting and try to minimize the vertical \ horizontal axis range. It gives less square_ish mouse movements. Also, you may fiddle with the stick response setting to find the best way of mouse movements. For more details this link
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Good morning,

Thanks again for the response. I actually solve the problem by turning off the LED back light colors and just left it at the default blank where it does not loop. Solved all the jitters.

I just want to say, thanks again and what a wonderful program this is. I play on a dualshock4 because I have a disability and I don’t have the range to use both mouse and keyboard simultaneously. Ever since Steam released all the control and options I have made due with the typical joystick aiming, deadzones, etc. However, playing first person shooters like counterstrike required small subtle movements that the controller just could not implement the same as the mouse. This program, through the mouse input implementation, solves that problem PERFECTLY and reducing the ranges of the X and Y axis gives me that “wrist-like” motion shooters need. And because the mouse input works universally I am not stock only purchasing steam games for compatibility.

10/10!

Comment

Hello,
                Thank you for your kind words. Glad that the issue has been resolved.

I wish you great gaming experience.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello again,

I’m back with the exact same issue. At random (in the middle of a firefight) half of the radius is suddenly stuck like I ran out of room. My vertical and horizontal ranges are ‘1’. I’ve played with everything in settings; Stick response, deadzones, radial and elliptical, I’ve even inverted the sticks.

Something I noticed was that sometimes my joystick through mouse input when I’m testing settings on the desktop, will scroll up or down like as though I’m tapping the joystick first. Perhaps there’s a double bind I can’t shut off? I’ve already played with the keyboard + mouse scroll settings.

Any ideas?

I’m almost there lol. Need to fix this “wall”

Comment

Hey there!

With the mouse mapped to the physical stick, it is better to set Vertical/Horizontal axis range to zero, the mouse will be smoother.

Also, maybe there is something else in your config that makes weird things. Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Comment

Hello and thanks for your quick response.

It only allows the minimum value of '1' or it would already be at '0'.

Uploading configs. Hope this helps.
                      Attached Files

Comment

So you have a visual of my problem:

I’m walking down a hallway and I move my aim to we o’clock then I start to drag it over to 11 o’clock. On my way over it gets “stuck” at random and then it will limit my movement blocking me from 11 o’clock and only allowing me anywhere between 7 and 2 o’clock like a line and everything between 2 and 7. If I want to ultimately go back to 11 o’clock I have to dip down and then come back up. It’s a really quick motion but in FPS it gets me killed or I miss a shot.

Comment

3 o'clock not we

Comment

Hello,
                            Thank you for your config.

The config is fine. Tried to reproduce the reported issue I didn't see anything that is stuck.

- Do you play via Steam? Is Stean running and the DS4 controller is detected by the Steam? Please, check it and disable steam controller support in the big picture if it's ON.

- Try to change your custom curve to one of the default presets and try to reproduce the problem.

- Try to create a new config from the scratch. Will it be the same?

- In case the problem persists, some detailed steps to reproduce or video where the problem is shown are appreciated.
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

My normal curve settings are 'Default', although I've already tried the different settings. As for Steam, yes I do, but the problem persists even when Steam isn't running. It happened will reading your response =p.

Ex; I pulled the stick halfway left and then dropped it down a little and was going diagonal upwards to the right and I hit a wall that didn't allow me to go diagonal to the up and right the rest of the range only straight up or down or anything behind. I'm not releasing my finger throughout the direction changes its basically one long drag so when I do hit that wall, I'm not maxed at the range I can still move the stick farther upwards but it wont go that way. If that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X