No announcement yet.

Mouse Input for Joystick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll put it another way. Take your mouse and drag it across your monitor from right to left, then when you bring it back to the opposite side, it the mouse cursor wont go to your left side, ONLY half your monitor is accessible, UNLESS you take your hand off the mouse, or flick it back right then left....I got shot by then or I missed my shot I was following.

That's what "hitting a wall" means.

Comment

Thanks for the details, but still nothing.

Trying to make different movements based on the description, but mouse doesn't get stuck. Maybe you can draw the trace in Paint, so I will try to repeat exactly the things you do?

Comment

GREAT IDEA! I'm sending you 3 drawings simulating my issues through Paint.

Green dot - Start
        Black line - mouse movement
        Red line - The wall

Hope the paint sends.
        Attached Files

Comment

Here's a radial drawing. Everything is in continuous motion.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello there!
            I have tried to reproduce the same movement with my dualshock, and I never faced any issues with this, no sorts of 'walls'. Just smooth mouse movement. Applied the same config as you have.
            Using Dualshock + PS4 Wireless connector. This is all I have right now.
            Try making settings of the virtual mouse, same as mine. Probably this will help. If not, I think that the issue is in the physical stick itself. Might also be USB port or a BT receiver issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	61.0 KB ID:	222154

Comment

Hello back!
              I appreciate the suggestion, but I have those exact settings myself, with the sensitivity valued at 10, although default 4 was the same. My concern is starting to be, perhaps its my controller? I'm just trying to make sure, before I go and purchase a new controller. My Dualshock is close to 4 years old, but that still seems not likely relevant...yet. Although I could be wrong, but if no one else has a sudden drop with looking around, idk =/

Comment

The main issue is that we had tested in on 2 different devices, and we are not having this issue.
                Before purchasing the new controller, try connecting it via the wire, wireless, using another receiver, if possible, connecting into another USB port.
                Because nothing seems to be the software fault. It really should be the device failure, some sort.
                By the way, try doing the same for the left stick! Map the mouse for the left stick and check if the same issue happens.

Comment

That's unfortunate. Yes I already tried the Left stick and it eventually stalls the same. Keep your finger on it for a little bit if you're in a first-person shooter, trust me you'll notice. I guess I'll have to keep looking.

Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Woof, trying to make the same moves and still nothing

Maybe you are hitting other buttons while you are moving a stick? Really can't understand how to reproduce the same on our side.

Comment

Nope just the stick when I reproduce the movements on the desktop. Same behavior when either stick is set to Mouse, so I believe that rules out the hardware. One thing that happens is my Values never stay the same if I customize the stick response.

Ex; If I bring my first point down to where my deadzone is, x-1900 y-1900...Once my mouse gets stuck, when I go back to the stick, X-1900, but Y-0, or sometimes the last points go off to 24700. Could that be my problem?

Comment

If you change your response, it may be the reason why mouse moves differently. However, doesn't seem to be the reason of the mouse getting stuck.

Could you check your controller (without reWASD with remap turned off) in https://gamepad-tester.com/ ?
                        Maybe there is something unusual with the device itself?

Today we have tried to reproduce this thing again on a few different DS4 controllers, and there is nothing still, I am sorry.

Comment

Ok two screenshots. Where the stick pitches slightly left is the Right Joystick as a controller is unmapped. The centered one is through the Mouse input.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The joystick lean would've settled it, but the Left stick gets stuck when it was changed all the same. The left stick stays centered no matter the input.

Comment

Mine just got stuck at default sensitivity. Basically, as long as the X, Y range hasn't been touched, its fine....But then I lose mouse-like movements and I'm back to strafe aiming =/

I've tried making the X, Y ranges equal to my deadzone but all I did was lose range. I tried Y at '1' and X default, vis-a-versa, I even maxed them out...This program is AWESOME because its truly a mouse, I just can't get stuck...

Comment

Also, sometimes when I'm stuck my controller rumbles until I release the stick.

Comment

Working...
                                X