Failed to install reWASD551 Error Code 532462766

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed to install reWASD551 Error Code 532462766

This program had been great up until yesterday. I tired all the fixes I could find on google. I deleted everything I could find named reWASD in the registry. I couldn't un-install what I had, couldn't launch, or install a new version.

Attempt to install reWASD: I get this error Failed to install reWASD551 Error Code 532462766
    Attempt to run Microsoft Net Repair: please see screenshot attached.
    all Drivers on my PC have been updated, Firewall & Virus protection temp disabled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
    -nice

Attached Files

Hi there,

1. Please, go to the Services, find the Gamepad Controller Mapping services, and check the service status. Please start it manually if it's stopped. Any error pops up? Report the error message during the attempt to start service - https://prnt.sc/saitqz

2. What antiviruses active or running background do you have? Please disable them all temporarily.

3. What Windows OS do you have? Any latest updates recently? Please, also attach the msinfo32 of your system - https://recordit.co/hRk85POAat
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi Star-Lord, Thanks for the response I wasn't sure if Id even get help. I attached what you asked for.

1. The Gamepad Controller Mapping Service is missing? Please see attatched.

2. I disabled the Microsoft Defender and Firewall

3.I added the MSinfo32 to Dropbox because the file is over 2 mb https://www.dropbox.com/s/456ypdeivq...pport.nfo?dl=0

Thank You.
      Attached Files

Comment

I did the System File Checker repair It found a corrupt file and repaired it. Here is the CBS Log but it makes no sense to me.

Comment

Hi there!

As error is related to .NET framework, reinstalling it might fix the problem. If not - reinstalling Windows certainly will.
          After that you will also have to reinstall reWASD as our [Game Controller Mapping Service] is indeed missing.

Comment

Hi, I cant reinstall the NET Framework, its saying ".NET Framework 4.8 or a later update is already installed on this computer."

Comment

There is a 4.8 Developer Pack, should I try that?

Comment

Ok last one, I'm just trying to give as much info as I can. I tried the repair tool and got this

C:\WINDOWS\windowsupdate.log

C:\WINDOWS\logs\cbs\cbs.log

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet.log

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\NetFxSetupEvent s.txt

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_ndp48-web_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairT ool (1)_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\dd_NetFxRepairT ool_decompression_log.txt

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup_20201101_173140381.html

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup_20201102_180546164.html

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 Setup_20201102_181006427.html

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKCR_ Installer.regdump

C:\Users\theHub\AppData\Local\Temp\FixDotNet_HKLM_ Installer.regdump

Comment

Hi there
                  Thank you for the logs information.

Checking the system info found lots of application crashes. It seems that something is not going OK in your system. I post the article that describes how to repair or re-install the NET framework (steps 3 and4). Please, proceed with these steps (however clean boot, Sfc, Chkdsk commands are also good to run).

In case it won't help, please consider the option of Windows restoring. It helps most of the cases including this one.

Our apologies for the inconvenience.
                  Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
                  X