Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

steam controller mouse trackball/coasting , can reWASD do this?

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steam controller mouse trackball/coasting , can reWASD do this?

hi, i use the steam controller's right touchpad as a mouse in almost every game i play but i noticed on reWASD i dont see an option for it. am i overlooking something?
  • Answer selected by reWASDer at 10.06.2022, 15:55.

Hello there!

We have released reWASD 6.2.1 which lets you set and adjust the Trackball mode for Steam controller's trackpads when you remap them to mouse or stick.
    Would be great to get your feedback

Other details are described in the post.

Comment

Hello!

You can map mouse moves to the trackpad with reWASD. You need to choose any trackpad direction, switch to Analog mode (1) and select Mouse (2):

Click image for larger version

Name:	c8fcaf0c8e.png
Views:	627
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	222749

Also, you will be able to adjust Response curve in Advanced settings (3) and set the Sensitivity for both axes if you do not like the default ones (4).

Are there any particular features you are missing here?

Comment

Hello.

I'm not the OP, but the title of the thread sort of covers my question regards the possibility of a trackball mouse mode so I hope asking here instead of starting a new thread is ok?

With Steam you can set the pad to act as a trackball mouse, with a "rolling" vibration sensation, so you can have fine, slow control and still be able to flick quickly in any direction similar to a normal mouse and it can continue to "roll" for a period unless touched/stopped.

This mode is about the only way I've found I can even get some semblance of, useable, mouse control on the steam trackpad and I came here looking for some info on does this mode exist and I'm still missing it or is it some feature that might be yet to come.

Many thanks for any info on this

p.s. love that this works with the Azeron as well as the Steam controller.

Comment

Hello!

First of all, thanks for the feedback about our newly supported devices :satisfied:

As for the question, nope, at the moment, reWASD doesn't have trackball mode for Steam trackpads (or any other controls). However, we have made a research and are pretty sure that we will be able to add this option to the one of the next versions. I won't promise you that this feature will appear in the next release, but we will do our best to deliver it as soon as possible.

One more thing, you have mentioned the vibration that changes while you use the trackpad. This feature stands aside of the trackball mode, and at the moment, we are not sure if we could emulate the same haptic feedback Steam controller does natively. So our trackball mode will emulate the correct behavior of the mapping (mouse or stick) but most probably won't add any special vibration effects here.

Comment

Many thanks for your fast reply and the best bit was I didn't even realise it was a newly supported device, I'd just been given this as a present and frustrated with the supplied software I tried reWASD (which I've had for quite a while) and it was just all there, all graphics, switches and full usual reWASD settings for everything, so it was pleasantly stunning to find everything already there and waiting....amazing timing :-)

That's wonderful news about the trackball possibilities and I won't hold you to any dates as I know well from experience how software and deadlines rarely ever match up. Regards the haptics, if that happens that would be a bonus, but it won't stop the trackball feature from being a wonderful addition, in my view anyway...lol

Comment

Hope you won't need to wait for this feature for too long Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

I haven't seen any info about this trackball feature for the Steam controller trackpad, have I missed it or is it still "waiting"?

Comment

Sorry, not ready yet. However, we will try to implement it in the upcoming version. Hope we will be able to do it, so it won't take too much longer.

Comment

Cheers for the info and good luck.

Comment

• reWASDer
                      reWASDer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks! Will do our best.

Hello there!

We have released reWASD 6.2.1 which lets you set and adjust the Trackball mode for Steam controller's trackpads when you remap them to mouse or stick.
                    Would be great to get your feedback

Other details are described in the post.

Comment

Working...
                    X