Virtual Controller Recognized by MC Dungeons First Time But Not Afterwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post

Oh, so it is OK now? Could you share any details, what was wrong?
    No, I figured out how to upload logs.

Problem still exists.

Comment

Originally Posted by CriticalComposer View Post
      A quick note about Minecraft Dungeons, it has a weird bug with XInput. Sometimes it'll detect controllers on startup and other times you'll need to disconnect and reconnect the controller (at the main menu) for the game to see them. This is a well-known problem on the PC port -- both the UWP and the Win32 versions. It happens with actual hardware drivers as well as reWASD's virtual driver.
      Ah, that is interesting. I'll give this a shot. MCD is a lot of fun but seems quite wonky in general. It does not handle changes in video settings well at all, including moving between my 4k and 1440p monitors. If you open Settings, close Settings, and then use Shift+Win+Arrow to move the app to a different monitor, it will often move the Settings screen (which should be closed) and leave the main app window on the primary display (as well as introducing some other bad behavior).

Comment

Originally Posted by Mathemagician View Post

Ah, that is interesting. I'll give this a shot. MCD is a lot of fun but seems quite wonky in general. It does not handle changes in video settings well at all, including moving between my 4k and 1440p monitors. If you open Settings, close Settings, and then use Shift+Win+Arrow to move the app to a different monitor, it will often move the Settings screen (which should be closed) and leave the main app window on the primary display (as well as introducing some other bad behavior).
        I get the feeling that it was designed for UWP first and then sloppily ported to Win32 because all of the issues that I've run into as well as what you've described are all things that would never occur in more "normal" environments.

Comment

Working...
        X