Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Help getting ReWASD to work with my Shadow PC's Virtual Controller (IOS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help getting ReWASD to work with my Shadow PC's Virtual Controller (IOS)

Good morning! I'm having issues with ReWASD on my shadow PC I use on my Ipad. I'm using the actual virtual controller on Shadow, not a physical one. I installed everything and created a config (specifically Dual Universe), but the game won't recognize the inputs. I've followed the guides but can't seem to get the Xbox controller for Rewasd to show up, even when Remap is on. Is it because I'm using a literal virtual controller? I went on joy.cpl and my controller works fine outside of game (says Xbox controller for windows).

Can anyone share their experiences or guides on how to make this work? Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Sparhawk81; 17.12.2020, 12:44.

Hi there,

1. There are no physical devices connected at all? How do you control the virtual controller?
    2. Does the system see the virtual controller? I believe this is created Xbox controller by shadow drivers. Open joy.cpl (win+R -> type joy.cpl) and check what do you see there.
    3. Any Shadow updates are available?

There was a similar forum post, maybe it will be helpful.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Thank you for the quick response! No, I'm not using a physical device, but rather the onscreen one that shadow provides on mobile devices. Once I turn on that that virtual controller, it appears as Xbox controller for Windows on joy.cpl. When I hit properties the Shadow PC records all the movements correctly. When I turn on ReWASD and apply the correct config, joy.cpl still sees the controller (but still as Xbox controller for Windows) and records the movements, although I'm not sure its the ones I mapped. When i start the game, the game doesn't recognize any of the inputs.

I read over the similar situation you linked and followed all the instructions there, still no dice. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Hello,

1. Try to create a different virtual controller type, like DS4, like this - https://recordit.co/2dhhClikPq. Now, open the joy.cpl and you will see Wireless controller". Do mappings work?

2. Launch the game, try it. In case it doesn't work, re-launch the game (with Remap turned ON). Also, specify what game do you try to play? Did you check the game settings, perhaps it's required to select controller input in the game settings
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello again,

The game I'm trying to get to work is Dual Universe. I checked and it does not have controller input game settings. I've attached pictures to hopefully help, but I tried to do as you said and the Wireless Controller did show up, but the mappings did not work.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2741.PNG
Views:	904
Size:	256.3 KB
ID:	222923

The mappings did work for the Xbox controller for Windows above the Wireless Controller option. I uploaded pictures so you can see.

Name:	IMG_2742.PNG
Views:	901
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	222924

I also uploaded a picture of what I see when i open Rewasd.

Name:	IMG_2743.PNG
Views:	899
Size:	249.6 KB
ID:	222925

Hopefully this can help you point me in the right direction.

Comment

Hi there,

I didn't find that the game supports a controller (found only keyboard\mouse building). Therefore:

1. Do remap OFF to disable our virtual controller (DS4).
            2. Select the default Shadow virtual controller in reWASD - > create a new config - > unmap the controller completely - > add required mappings - http://recordit.co/Dd5LYDFVDI.
            3. Try to test before the game, like open the notepad and check if mappings work.
            4. Launch the game, try to play.

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

This worked! Thank you so much 😀. Buying the full combo now!

Comment

Had the same problem. I'm glad it works

Comment

Working...
                X