Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of issues / questions - combos for COD Warzone

Hi,

I just purchased the full software, the functionality (on paper) looks great and just what I'm after. However, I can't really get any of my desired set up to work. I'm unsure if this is my config not being correct, or issues with the software?

I'm using an Xbox Elite 2 controller (over USB), with hair trigger setting. The 4 paddles aren't mapped in the xbox accessories app, and I've mapped them to a,x,y,b in reWASD. This is working fine. I've got a few combos I'm trying to set up and these don't work though:

1. Aim down sights and ping (left trigger hold, d-pad up once)

- Desired behaviour: when I hold left trigger, I want normal trigger hold behaviour (i.e. keep firing), and the d pad up to fire only once
    - Observed behaviour: D pad up fires correctly once when trigger is pulled. LT is also pulled. When LT is released, LT keeps firing and doesn't release. I can't get the LT to untoggle i.e. it's permanently stuck down, even if I keep pulling the trigger. D pad continues to work correctly on subsequent LT pulls but LT doesn't seem to change.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	1722
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	222940

2. Anti recoil (pull right stick down when RT is held)

- Desired behaviour: on single pull, just fire RT once. On pull and hold, continuously fire RT and also pull right stick down.
    - Observed behaviour: first few single pulls worked fine (right stick didn't pull down). First pull and hold worked fine i.e. right stick pulled down and gun fired. Then tried to rapid fire i.e. pull RT multiple times in quick succession. The long press combo fired when it shouldn't have (I was single pressing). Then right stick gets "stuck" in the pull down state as if I haven't released RT. Stick keeps pulling down and I can't stop it. The RT isn't firing so the gun isn't shooting, just the stick is pulling down continuously.

Name:	2.png
Views:	1155
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	222941

3. Auto bunny hop (repeat press A on double tap of paddle)

- Desired behaviour: on single paddle pull, fire A once. On double tap, fire A 5 times.
    - Observed behaviour: single pull works fine. Double tap just fires A once (no combo iteration).

Name:	3.png
Views:	1107
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	222942

4. Stick drift

- Since moving to reWASD I'm getting stick drift. Is there a smart way to identify the correct minimum deadzone setting? Should I set this so there's no drift in reWASD and then set my deadzone in game to 0?

Thanks
    properjob
    Attached Files

Hey there!

I'm checking your config, and I can't seem to reproduce the issues you have. Everything is working just like you wanted to set it. I have a few ideas:
    - Could you please check Xbox App? Maybe the controller has some firmware updates?
    - Do you have Advanced mapping feature enabled? It is required for combos with controller buttons. You can check it on License tab (an icon with a key at the bottom right), Advanced mapping feature tab.

As for the drift, that is also pretty strange. In your config, the deadzone setting doesn't do anything (because Affect gamepad behavior for games option is not checked). It means that reWASD reads the original deadzone and transforms it to your controller without any changes.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for checking. It says Paid License and I can advanced mapping doesn't give any warning that it isn't enabled.

Are you testing on the same controller (xbox elite 2, plugged in)?

No firmware update that I can see in the xbox accessories app. There is a testing function in there which shows while buttons are being pressed though, which indicates that it's not a problem with the game, as I see similar things there...

For 1) The app shows D up and then LT correclty. When I have the triggers set to hair trigger using the manual swith on the back of the controller (i.e. very little movement to press the button), the app shows the left trigger always stays stuck down after the first pull, regardless of pressing it again etc. When I set them to the normal setting i.e. more movement in the trigger I can manage to get it to unstick by slowly pulling the trigger down - it seems like halfway through the travel it unsticks.

2) Xbox test app doesn't show any right stick pull down but I think this is an issue with the testing software not showing concurrent button presses

3) Not showing any additional presses of A after a double tap

The drift might just be my controller, if I set the deadzone to 0.1 in game then it's OK.

Thanks

Comment

#1 Issue confirmed and fix is already in the works.

#2 Was unable to reproduce, but most likely related to #1.

#3 No such mapping was set in the config attached, so made it based on the screenshots. Works fine. But the problem might be that it's working way too fast for a game, as you get 5 taps within 100ms. You should increase pause between iterations and keys to value higher that 18ms. Might be easier to just use [Turbo] and increase pause value until it works properly in game.

Comment

Forgot the attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent thanks! #3 - works with turbo, should've done that in the first place anyway.

I've recreated this on mouse and keyboard (virtual controller) and #1 & #2 both work nicely.

A few feature requests...

a. A third option for combos, which is a blend of the two existing ones. What would be great is if we can set up an "execute at once" combo which a) stops running as soon as the trigger is released, and b) loops infinitely while the trigger is held down. This would allow for a lot more precise recoil control... In COD the recoil changes over time, so we need to change the strength of stick pull after a certain duration. If it's firing an auto weapon it also wants to keep firing while the trigger is pulled (when I use "execute at once", there's a stutter when the loop restarts).

b. More slots would be nice

c. Ability to switch toggled slots without having to cancel the current one. So if I want to toggle to another slot, I shouldn't have to untoggle current slot first

d. A foreground (at all times) GUI to show which slot is active would be really helpful, although I appreciate this is substantial work

Really appreciate the support & loving the app. Cheers

Comment

I suppose by "slots" you mean [Shifts].

A) I think you're talking about [Combo] with [Turbo] flag enabled here. But if you want a [Combo] that changes stick deflections with time, then you need to make one in [Hold] mode with pauses between changes in stick deflection and a very long pause at the end. Should be similar to this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2020-12-20_235928.png Views:	0 Size:	43.9 KB ID:	223015

It will hold down at 10x20% for 400ms, then 20x40% for a minute (or until you release the button). Add more pauses and deflection changes if needed. Just make sure the last node is a pause and it is a long one.

B) Noted.

C&D) I think those are already planned. But no ETA for now.

Comment

Got it thanks. I can't quite get the behaviour I want for the more advanced recoil control using the method you outlined - it seems a bit random. But to be honest there could be some random behaviour of the in game recoil rather it being the software.

When I try your method on xbox elite 2 controller it actually feels like the relative stick movements are stacking, so in your example it would be -10x-20 for 400ms, then additional -20x-40 to take you to -30x-60 until release. Again, hard to test in game issues vs the software respone, but generally what I've found is I would have to set the first movement to be negative, then the second movement to be positive (up and right), to offset the first movement. Kind of weird.

Cheers

Comment

I've mistaken this case with another one, so last pause is not required here, but it being there won't change anything either. Relative deflections are indeed stacking up, so you'll have to keep in mind resulting deflection value between nodes in a combo.

Recoil, while following certain patterns, is usually random in games. So this solution most likely won't be perfect, but will help a bit still.

Comment

Hello!

We have released the new version that fixes the first issue you have reported. Would be happy to get any feedback from you.

You can learn more about this version from this post or download it from the official site or via the app.

Comment

Issue #4.

I too am having random Left stick drift since the latest update. Elite 2 controller. Never had the issue befor I updated.

Comment

For how to eliminate stick drift, check this video.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                          For how to eliminate stick drift, check this video.
                          I will try it out. But I would say the issue is more like randomly, the stick goes full in forward motion, not really a drift. Randomly my character on the game I play start running forward at full speed. Not sure if thats considered a drift or some glitch causing it to go full forward. I do not have a issue on my laptop, that I did not install the update yet on.

Comment

Hello,

Maybe the stick has minimal default deadzone. Try to increase a bit. It should work unless it's not a hardware issue.
                            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                              Hello,

Maybe the stick has minimal default deadzone. Try to increase a bit. It should work unless it's not a hardware issue.
                              Hello, I have tried Shion suggestion. I put it to the first inner circle as the video shows. It is still happening.

Its odd, because I have no issue on my laptop with the same controller and old version build.

Comment

Working...
                              X