No announcement yet.

PS5 controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, any game on psnow (it's not a game in itself but a platform for playing streamed ps3 and ps4 games) use to work with my old ps3 controllers. One broke. I asked in this thread if I could use a ps5 controller the same way for the same purpose, and I was told I could (sound like a joke but psnow, being a sony product, still has no native support for ps5 controller, just for ps4, or ps3 wired). With rewasd, not only I was able to play wireless with those ps3 controllers, but also emulate missing keys needed for some ps4 games that the ps3 controller doesn't have.

So I just bought the dualsense (ps5 controller) and I find I'm able to play wired, but not through bluetooth. I can see even steam recognizes it as ps4 controller when rewasd is active, and loads my old config, even through bluetooth, and I can play with it. And rewasd also detects my controller wireless and receives the input, as it's shown in its interface. But for some reason, psnow will let me start the game (which usually doesn't if you don't have a compatible controller connected), but then the character is idle, the game doesn't respond to any of the keys of the controller. If I just plug it again, with the game open, it will start working again...

Comment

That's so unfortunate that you are facing such difficulties. Please let us know the game's name, so we can check it from our end.

Also, please try the following:
      1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
      2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
      3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
      4. Try applying the config again.

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
        That's so unfortunate that you are facing such difficulties. Please let us know the game's name, so we can check it from our end.

Also, please try the following:
        1. Go to Preferences (a gear icon at the bottom right), General tab
        2. Click Clear data button and confirm your action
        3. Wait until the GUI and tray agent appear
        4. Try applying the config again.
        Thanks, trying right now. I also tried uninstalling psnow and reinstalling, but did nothing. As I said many times I can tell you "the game" because there are over 400 titles, both ps3 and ps4, it works on none. Here. It's a very popular service. I have been recommending rewasd to everyone all over the internet. I'd really like to make this work and not need to download ds4 or something else after having bought two rewasd licenses.

Comment

Ok! So I tried that and still wasn't working. I plugged it again and working (as usual) and then I tried the following which seemed to fix the issue: With the game still open, I unplugged it, it wasn't working, and the emulation was already applied, anyways, I alt-tabbed and pressed the apply button on rewasd again, and the game suddenly started picking up the input, so right now it's working. Not sure if I'll have to do this workaround everytime I play or if it's fixed forever, anyway thanks, it seems to be solved for now.

Comment

Originally Posted by Jensilio View Post
            Ok! So I tried that and still wasn't working. I plugged it again and working (as usual) and then I tried the following which seemed to fix the issue: With the game still open, I unplugged it, it wasn't working, and the emulation was already applied, anyways, I alt-tabbed and pressed the apply button on rewasd again, and the game suddenly started picking up the input, so right now it's working. Not sure if I'll have to do this workaround everytime I play or if it's fixed forever, anyway thanks, it seems to be solved for now.
            Thank you for letting us know. We'll check your steps from our side and see what we can do about it.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Thank you for letting us know. We'll check your steps from our side and see what we can do about it.
              No problem! I wrote it in case it can help anyone with the same problem. I also did some research, and found out that some psnow users experienced problems like this in some games (not in all of them) with the original ps4 controller, so I'm not sure to what extent this is a psnow issue and not a rewasd issue.

Oh, and on another note, I noticed that the battery showing in rewasd doesn't seem to be accurate with dualsense. When I have it plugged it will often tell me the battery is almost over, but then I unplug it and the battery meter seems to "reset" and shows the controller is almost fully charged. Not a big problem for me, just letting you know.

Comment

We already had a similar query about the DualSense battery indication, but the user could not send us the logs. If you can help us to investigate this issue I would like to ask you to collect some logs for us.

To complete this type of logs, you will need to:
                1. Make sure you have a shortcut for reWASDEngine.exe (Note, the picture shows reWASD.exe, but you need exactly reWASDEngine.exe)
                2. Right-click on the needed shortcut, open Properties
                3. Find the Target field, and add " -tracetext" to it. This is how it must look like:

4. Press OK to close Properties, and launch reWASD Engine using the modified shortcut. Then recreate the problem situation. (Make sure your Dualsense is fully charged and you will receive those "wrong" notifications)
                5. Then close the application completely. Now open File explorer, and go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Logs and send the newest reWASD TextTrace.txt file to our support team

Comment

Working...
                X