Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS5 controller

Hi all, i want to use my PS5 controller for warzone on my PC

How do i set this up? I tried the PS4 remote play - which works fine but i want to assign extra keys for the R2 that thinks it's CLICK1 on the mouse.

Hi there,

The ver. 5.6 includes Dual Sense support. We do not support adaptive triggers and trigger motors yet, but you can remap all buttons, controls, touchpad, and use LEDs.

So, you do use a physical DS5 controller connected to a PC and you want to remap RT to mouse button click RT press = RT+mouse click?. Do I get you right?

Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I've DM CHAT you star lord

Comment

Hi there,

Check your DM I sent you this day.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, I didn't want to start another thread, since my question is about ps5 controller. I've been using rewasd with my ps3 controllers to play psnow on my pc just fine, emulating the needed buttons for ps4 games. The thing is one of them broke. I was planning on buying a ps4 controller, but for some odd reason, in Spain ps5 controllers sell at a much lower price. So I was wondering, will I be able to use a ps5 controller the same way I used my DS3? meaning wireless and emulating keys of ps4 controller (if needed, not sure if the pad and such work and if they work on ps4 games).

Comment

Originally Posted by Jensilio View Post
            will I be able to use a ps5 controller the same way I used my DS3?
            Yes. Your "resulting" gamepad would be our virtual DualShock 4, so nothing will change.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
              Yes. Your "resulting" gamepad would be our virtual DualShock 4, so nothing will change.
              Thanks a lot for your answer, I guess I'll go with the ps5 controller then

Comment

Great choice, DualSense looks and feels great

Comment

Thanks! I'm having an issue though,not sure if you could help me. So I had no problem emulating the ps4 controlled and playing psnow with it wired. I was even able to play infamous second son which I couldn't due to it's use of gyro with my old ps3 controller. So far so good.

The problem is through bluetooth. After struggling a bit to pair the controller with my pc (the process is different and not so simple as with the ps3 controllers, in which you could do this from within rewasd). So I got it to pair, it's detected wireless by rewasd, and I can apply the settings and a window pops up telling me which buttons to press and such. When i press the buttons in the controller, I get a response from rewasd interface showing which button is being used. So it seems everything is fine in that regard, the problem comes when I try to play psnow. Oddly enough, a compatible controller must be detected by the psnow app, since otherwise, as soon as you start a game, it wont let you and will ask you to plug a controller. Well this doesn't happen (it does if I don't use rewasd, even wired, since ps5 controller is not supported). It let's me start the game, but then none of the input in the controller does anything. I mean, not the buttons nor the sticks work inside the game. Any ideas what the problem could be or how could I fix this? I really want to play wireless, as I used to do with my ps3 controllers.

Comment

I believe that you are trying to play DualSense game (the PS5 one). It will not be possible to play it using the reWASD as the game supports the input only from the DualSense gamepad. But our app can only create the virtual DualShock. This is the reason the input is not being detected by the game. It awaits for the input from the DualSense, but in fact you are giving it the input from our virtual DualShock. This is the reason PS5 games cannot be played with reWASD. The virtual DualSense controller feature is not yet implemented in reWASD. It is on our to-do list, but the process is very complicated and some time is required.

Comment

A quick follow-up: have you tried to restart PSNow after you have turned the remap on?

Comment

Originally Posted by wookiepediologist View Post
                        I believe that you are trying to play DualSense game (the PS5 one). It will not be possible to play it using the reWASD as the game supports the input only from the DualSense gamepad. But our app can only create the virtual DualShock. This is the reason the input is not being detected by the game. It awaits for the input from the DualSense, but in fact you are giving it the input from our virtual DualShock. This is the reason PS5 games cannot be played with reWASD. The virtual DualSense controller feature is not yet implemented in reWASD. It is on our to-do list, but the process is very complicated and some time is required.
                        PSnow doesn't have any PS5 games. I'm playing psnow on pc, which I used to do with ps3 controllers emulated as ps4 controllers. Now I'm emulating a ps4 controller on a ps5 controller, and as I said, the game recognizes it as valid, as the game does start, instead of showing the warning when you don't have a compatible controller conected. I tried playing a steam game and steam detects it as ps4 controller (with rewasd remaping active, of course). As I also mentioned, I've been able to play psnow with this ps5 controller wired no problem. The problem only happens when its on bluetooth (the way I used to play with my old ps3 controller).

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                          A quick follow-up: have you tried to restart PSNow after you have turned the remap on?
                          I just have, and same thing happens.Game starts (so compatible controller check is passed), but then no movement, no response to input. I've been playing steam wireless just fine with the emulated ps4 controller. But no luck with psnow. I didn't have any problem with the ps3 controller.

Comment

To give a little bit of context: if I start the game with the controller plugged, it will work and move. If I unplug the controller, the game doesn't pause or stop (the rewasd pop up saying it's inactive, then active again through bluetooth pops up), the character is just not moving, as opposed to when, for example, I turn off the mapping (the emulation) in which case the game does pause itself and a warning that you must connect a valid controller appears on screen. This leads me to think, as I've already said, that psnow is actually detecting a ps4 controller, but it just doesn't get any input from it.

Comment

Just to make sure we understand you correctly:
                              The game works fine if you create the virtual gamepad (DualShock4) using the physical DS3 via both, wired and Bluetooth?
                              But as soon as you use the DualSense, it works fine via Cable but as soon as you switch to Bluetooth it does not work in the game?

Comment

Working...
                              X