Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the easiest way to copy a Shift Layer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the easiest way to copy a Shift Layer?

I'm wanting to copy just the Shift 4 bindings from one config to another. I don't think this is possible in the software but it should be possible in the raw text. I tried earlier already to no avail and was wondering if there was an easy way to determine the starting and ending point that I should be copying and where I should be placing this in the new config.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to copy all mappings from one Shift to another config.
    We will add this option to the GUI, but I won't promise you that it will happen soon.

If you go into the config file, you can find all the nodes that are used in the Shift, but that may not be that easy.
    You can try to find all nodes with "ShiftId" and copy the whole block (both "condition" and "macros"). Shift modifier is set separately, at the beginning of the file.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e5c63e3e30.png
Views:	271
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	223486

Comment

Thanks. That should make it easy to locate the Shift bindings.

Comment

Hey there!

Now you don't need to copy and paste Shift mappings manually, this option was added to the GUI.

Please check the context menu here to try it:

Click image for larger version

Name:	e593eb24d4.png
Views:	263
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	226013

Small note: you will need to add a Shift modifier for each Shift, it is not copied with this option.

Comment

Working...
        X