New and having difficulty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and having difficulty

I use an Xbox 360 controller to play Farm Simulator 19. What I'm looking to do is have a slot for all the standard controls and then one or two for specific machines. Using the standard control inputs for a logging machine is just insane with no flow. I've tried remapping controls with no real luck. I can get the direction of movement that I want but the sticks react only full or nothing and I can't use the two sticks together. Only one at a time. This seems like a great program, but I just don't seem to get some of it.

Well, slots feature are just exactly for you. You just gave to set up the hotkeys for changing the Slots between each other.
    Here is a guide for you.

About the issue with your sticks, may I know how exactly this issue happens? I mean, this is very strange behavior. Can I have the screenshot of your config?

Comment

I'm afraid we don't have people who play Farm Simulator 19 on our team, so I have no idea what do you mean by "flow".

"Sticks react only full or nothing" when mapped to a key. You can make it a bit smoother by making a [Combo] of many stick nodes with values rising from 0 to 100 with pause between nodes being 20ms or more. Or you can change [Initial speed] and [Acceleration] at [Virtual gamepads] settings.

With mouse-to-stick mapping you can try to disable [Spring mode]. But as you've said, you can map one mouse to only one stick at the time.

Are you trying to remap keyboard and mouse to virtual gamepad?

Can you be more specific in what you're trying to do and why it doesn't work?

Comment

Hopefully the screenshots will shed some light on the subject. What I mean by "flow" is the two sticks have to work in concert with one another. What I came up with would compare to a FPS game where you are using the left stick to move and the right to aim. It would be like having to stop, change direction, go, stop, change your aim, fire, then go. You'd be dead right there. LOL. The standard controls for the farm game make you hit LB and right stick for one boom and then RB+LB+stick for another axis. For it to work right it needs to happen without the LB or RB inputs. I can change these in the setup of the game, but then you have to change a ton of other ones so they don't fight each other. It sort of works, but the standard setup for the rest of the game works great as is.
        I got reWASD so I could setup both ways and just switch between them as I changed machines. Hopefully I'm not barking up the wrong tree. Maybe it's just too complicated for my old brain. I usually catch on to stuff like this pretty easy but this has me baffled.
        I'll check out the guide that you referred me to as well. If I can get one stick working the way it should, then I'm sure I can get the rest.

Thank you for any insight and help!
        Attached Files

Comment

Still not sure if understand what you want there in full. Probably must actually play the game to get it.

Though I notice you have strange mapping on sticks. I think they should be replaced with [Shortcuts] or [Zone mappings]. That way you'll be able to keep the accuracy of the stick deflections.

For example, go to [Advanced] settings of right stick and stretch [Low Zone] to the maximum. Then set [LB] mapping to [R-Stick Low] in [All] directions. Should look similar to this:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2021-01-29_035919.png Views:	16 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	223780

For left stick, map [Up] and [Down] to [Right stick Up] and [Right stick Down], then do the same thing on its [Advanced] page, yet set [RB] mapping only for [Up] and [Down] directions:

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2021-01-29_040218.png Views:	16 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	223781

Comment

Shion, Thank you so very much. This really helped! It's not perfect how I set it up, but it works tons better than before.

Comment

Working...
            X