Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to stop sticky keys/ghost keys when shifting profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to stop sticky keys/ghost keys when shifting profiles?

Lets say you hold W then shift to another profile which remaps the W to be something entirely different. The W key is ghosting and does not stop until you press it again. Is there a way to stop this?

Hi there,

May I ask you to specify steps more detailed.

Do I get you right:
    Press and hold W button in the main layout ⇒ holding the W you select the shift layout, select the control to remap ⇒ the W appears in reWASD mappings and keeps beings selected for other controls even you release it?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Sorta, lets say I'm in-game and I have numb-key 1 to shift on the fly. I'm moving forward with W and I want to switch to layout 2 by pressing numb-key 1. If I hold W and switch layouts at the same time, W is held down still even after letting go. It's ghosting or something.

Comment

[Shift] change does not re-trigger already active remaps. There is no way to "stop this".

Comment

Hello,

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
          I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Do you remap controller or keyboard via reWASD?
          Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hi, sorry for necro posting, but I've noticed it's not in etiher my personal account for Documents nor public.

Comment

Hello!

The is a possibility to change the default folder for configs, so please open reWASD, go to Preferences (a "gear" icon at the bottom right) -> My data tab. There, you will be able to navigate to the folder with configs.

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
                Hello,

Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles
                I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.

Do you remap controller or keyboard via reWASD?
                For Star-Lord

Attached Files

Comment

Hey there!

According to the config you have, I assume that you switch to the green Shift using 5 keyboard key, and inside this shift W works as W. Then you press and hold W and switch back to the Main configuration, and in this case, the game gets W-down action but doesn't get W-up, and so the input gets stuck.

If you release W key before you press 5 to get back to the Main, there should not be any issue. Could you please check this way?

Comment

Originally Posted by reWASDer View Post
                    Hey there!

According to the config you have, I assume that you switch to the green Shift using 5 keyboard key, and inside this shift W works as W. Then you press and hold W and switch back to the Main configuration, and in this case, the game gets W-down action but doesn't get W-up, and so the input gets stuck.

If you release W key before you press 5 to get back to the Main, there should not be any issue. Could you please check this way?
                    Okay, I see this may be the only solution. Strange how controller inputs don't become stuck if you switch profiles while holding down a button. I'm not requesting anything, but is it possible for there to be an action where all keys held down becomes reactivated when you switch profiles? Like it toggles all pressed keys off? Is it even plausible? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally Posted by Kabosun View Post
                      is it possible for there to be an action where all keys held down becomes reactivated when you switch profiles? Like it toggles all pressed keys off? Is it even plausible?
                      Major changes to shift-system are in the works. We'll accommodate your suggestion as well.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                        Major changes to shift-system are in the works. We'll accommodate your suggestion as well.
                        Sorry for necroposting but yes!!! Ty. Does necroposting bring topics back to front page?

Comment

Originally Posted by Kabosun View Post
                          Does necroposting bring topics back to front page?
                          Yes, it does.

Comment

Working...
                          X