Rocket League specific: reversing ball-cam hold state

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket League specific: reversing ball-cam hold state

The settings in RL allow you to either HOLD or TOGGLE a button to switch to the most used camera angle called "ball-cam". I use HOLD (with a paddle on steam controller). What I'd really like to know is would this program allow me to reverse that in some way? To hold it ON for me until I HOLD to turn it OFF.

I'd also be curious what features would be required.

I realize it might be helpful to tell me that most pros use toggle and not hold, but I'm not going to and I'll never be a pro. And you'll say, not without toggle you won't. And I'll smile and nod.

Hello!

As far as I understand, you have some key binding in the game that works to start and stop this mode (let's say it is Space bar on the keyboard).

In reWASD, there is no way to autostart some mapping, so there is one additional thing you would need to do to accomplish your request — you will need some activator or shortcut that will be pressed only once at the beginning of the game to turn the ball-cam on. So, follow the steps:

1. Set ball-cam to Toggle in the game
    2. In reWASD, go to paddle and set Start and Release activators (both ones) to the same key binding that is used to toggle the ball-cam in the game (Space in my example)

Click image for larger version

Name:	8e1192517c.png
Views:	520
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	224234

3. Create a Shortcut of two, three or four buttons that will be used to activate ball-cam for the first time. You can learn more about shortcuts in our help guide. Map it to the same key (Space).

That's it! And this is how it will work: at the beginning of the game you need to press shortcut from step 3 to activate ball-cam. In order to switch it off, you need to press and hold the paddle. Once the paddle is pressed, the game will get the second "Space" and will turn the toggled mode off. When you release the paddle, the game will get one more "Space" and will activate this mode again.

Comment

Huzzah! This is excellent. What I like about this solution is I can turn it back to normal operation on the fly to compare it to the changes to see if it will work for me. I appreciate the fast response as well. Thanks!

Comment

Yay, great to know that it worked for you Have the best gaming experience!

Comment

Working...
        X