Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to MACROS, need help answering basic questions

Hello,

I just got into MACROs, as I have need of one for my PlayStation5, however I am not really sure how/if it is compatible with the DualSense controller. I am looking to use a simple MACRO setup to repeat a sequence of buttons for farming XP. Will this work with a PS5 controller? I haven’t downloaded the software yet, as I’m not sure if it will work. Do I simply input the buttons from the software or do I need basic coding skills to achieve this? Thank you in advance.

Basic functions of DualSense (PS5) gamepad are supported. [Key Combo] feature does not require any coding skills. But you will also need [Advanced mapping] feature to be able to use gamepad buttons in it. You can test it all out without paying for at least 3 days - which is a trial period for features.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
      Basic functions of DualSense (PS5) gamepad are supported. [Key Combo] feature does not require any coding skills. But you will also need [Advanced mapping] feature to be able to use gamepad buttons in it. You can test it all out without paying for at least 3 days - which is a trial period for features.
      What is advanced mapping and what does it do? There’s no link attached.

Comment

Hello,

Advanced Mapping feature description. The Shion was meant that this feature is required if you're going to use the gamepad buttons in combo (screenshot). You do not need it if you use keyboard buttons only creating the combo.
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
          Hello,

Advanced Mapping feature description. The Shion was meant that this feature is required if you're going to use the gamepad buttons in combo (screenshot). You do not need it if you use keyboard buttons only creating the combo.
          Oh ok I see. So do I press the buttons I’d like to use for the MACRO in the controller or do I press them from the reWASD app?

Comment

reWASD allows for recording of a combo, but you'll need [Hook controller buttons] option enabled at [Preferences > General] for reWASD to be able to catch gamepad inputs there. Unless recording mode is on, you can add nodes via reWASD UI shown on the screenshot.

Comment

Oh okay, in that case which is easier/more affective? I’m not doing a very long key combo, but I’m not sure if that impacts which method is easier to preform.

Comment

Recording should be easier: you just click [Record] button (red circle) and do the thing with your gamepad. To stop recording click [Record] button again.

Comment

Working...
                X