Switch Joycon Bluetooth Adapter Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Joycon Bluetooth Adapter Suggestions

Howdy all! Hoping to get some suggestions for good bluetooth adapters to use with my joy cons.

Currently the issue I have run in to is either the signal is too weak (gaming from a distance of about 10/15 feet via projector), or the adapter does not remember the joy cons until they are un paired, and re paired. Hoping to get some suggestions for what bluetooth adapters folks have used that automatically detect the joy cons when you turn them back on so that they show up in re-wasd?

Bluetooth or PCIE are fine.

Please and thanks!

Hi Koethe,

I was going to reply to your original post but I saw you made a new one. You had asked me what Bluetooth chip I am using. I am using WiFi 6 A2X00. It is 5.0 and is an upgrade over any versions below that. You can check out the specs in this Amazon link HERE. If you recall my reply in your original post, I am using this in conjunction with a Bluetooth extender which you can find HERE. I simply unscrewed the coaxial tips that came with my card and replaced them with the Bluetooth extender, which allows me to run the receivers onto my desk. The closer and more clear line of sight to your joycons, the better. PRO TIP: Do not use any USB Bluetooth dongles, even if they are rated at 5.0. They did not work at all for me.

Additionally, you also asked if my joycons automatically reconnect on their own. My answer is no, but I suspect that is because I have to plug them back into my Switch tablet to recharge, and so my PC loses the link. I assume if I bought and used a stand-alone joycon charger it wouldn't be a problem, but I am just speculating at this point.

Hope this answers your questions. Do let me know if you have any more! (I've spent crazy hours trying to make my joycons work on my PC, so in turn I hope to be able to save you a few.)

Comment

Hello there, one more thing we can add. We assume, the best option is to use the officially certified controller's Bluetooth adapters or the MayFlash ones.
      This is just a suggestion, I cannot guarantee their correct functionality. Just for me, I have never had any issues with officially certified adapters from Microsoft (for Xbox One controller), DualShock PC adapter (For DS4 controller correspondingly). The same never happened for the MayFlash adapters. Still, there are issues with the standard bluetooth dongles, and I am afraid, this will never be the best experience to use them.

The officially supported adapters never had any issues with connecting, I was never considering the Unpairing/Repairing, everything worked successfully.

Still, I can't tell for sure. Sometimes, some additional assistance is required from the manufacturer's side.

Comment

Hey there! Using the extenders for any adapter you have is a great idea, it helps keep the controllers paired always even with not really powerful adapters.

Comment

Working...
        X