Unable to remap mouse buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to remap mouse buttons

Hi! Great software. Been using this for many games now. I could not find any related issues in the forum, so apologies if this has been asked before.

I'm unable to remap my mouse buttons.

Was trying to swap the Middle and Right buttons, but it doesn't seem to register.
    So I tried to map it to a keyboard key, same thing. Not registering.

But the reverse works fine, mapping a keyboard key or a gamepad button to a mouse button.

I'm using a Wireless Keyboard and Mouse combo connecting to a single 2.4G dongle. (HP CS750 model to be exact).
    I tried recreating the profile, regrouping devices, restarting, and other basic troubleshooting.

Also, when I don't group the wireless to the laptop device, Keyboard remapping doesn't work either.

Might it be my wireless device that's not compatible?

Here's a screenshot of the simple config:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Test Mouse Mapping.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	225487

Hey there!

reWASD support wireless devices, no worries. The only thing is about the initializing. In most cases, both devices are recognized in reWASD as a single one, and it should be initialized as a mouse. Then, you can add Keyboard mappings to the Additional mouse buttons section (you can see this icon at the right, in the center of the window).

I assume that there is something wrong with the device initialization at the moment.
    Please follow these steps:

1. Ungroup the Keyboard and Mouse, so all the devices are shown separately in the bottom left corner of the main window.
    2. Use Detection mode to find the correct Mouse. If you press the mouse button but see keyboard in reWASD, then you will need to re-initialize it (from the context menu of an active device)

Comment

Thank you for the quick response. It worked!

So any wireless kb/mouse combo needs to be initialized as a mouse.
      Then keyboard remapping can be done via "Additional mouse buttons" and no longer through the mid/top Keyboard option as I've tested.

Name:	wireless kb_mouse combo(1).JPG
Views:	805
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	225496

Name:	wireless kb_mouse combo.JPG
Views:	844
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	225494
      But that's fine as long as I can remap all my devices now.

And I no longer need to group it to the laptop device to remap kb keys either!

Thanks for the help. Cheers!
      Attached Files

Comment

No problem! Have a great gaming experience

Comment

Working...
        X