Locking mouse and turning applications black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locking mouse and turning applications black

I downloaded it to try out valorant on controller, found that it currently doesn't work as valorant had some changes, so I just uninstalled it. When I went to launch valorant again after uninstalling (and rebooting) my mouse was locked in place in the top left, and had to restart my pc to get my mouse to work again. I redownloaded it, launched valorant while it was open, and it was fine, mouse working. Icons still turn black for some reason but it isn't a huge deal. Is there a way to fix this so I don't have to have rewasd open at all times to play valorant? I dont even have the controller anymore so I need it on my pc.

Originally Posted by rolphcaleb View Post
    I downloaded it to try out valorant on controller, found that it currently doesn't work as valorant had some changes, so I just uninstalled it. When I went to launch valorant again after uninstalling (and rebooting) my mouse was locked in place in the top left, and had to restart my pc to get my mouse to work again. I redownloaded it, launched valorant while it was open, and it was fine, mouse working. Icons still turn black for some reason but it isn't a huge deal. Is there a way to fix this so I don't have to have rewasd open at all times to play valorant? I dont even have the controller anymore so I need it on my pc.
    Hello!
    A little more detail is needed. Have you tried playing with a controller by emulating a virtual mouse on your physical controller stick?
    Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
    And please attach a screenshot with the black icons that you wrote about.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post

Hello!
      A little more detail is needed. Have you tried playing with a controller by emulating a virtual mouse on your physical controller stick?
      Please send me the config you are using. Your configs are stored here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\reWASD\Profiles I need the correspondent *.rewasd file.
      And please attach a screenshot with the black icons that you wrote about.
      yes, i tried play controller by emulating a mouse. I think i added the right .rewasd config. I have reset the config many times though. I also added the black icons that show up in task manager, a few programs will show like that in the taskbar aswell.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello
        Try not to move your mouse when starting Valorant if you use it with reWASD and controller. If not and you do not it, then remove reWASD for now, restart your PC and check if our Virtual Input Device is in the Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers path and delete it.

The icon problem is unlikely to be caused by reWASD. I recommend trying to update/repair .NET. Also, if you have the restore point, try to get back to it.

Comment

I uninstalled, restarted, and nothing is in devices and printers. still can't launch valorant without mouse being locked to the top left.

Comment

1.Config that you sent for some reason is empty. Send the current config, or a link to the resource from where you downloaded the config.
            2. Check which mouse is blocked in the game, the virtual mouse created by reWASD, which is mapped to the stick, or your physical mouse that you use on a daily basis.
            3. Is this problem reproducible if reWASD is completely removed from your PC?

Comment

Originally Posted by 1ncorrect View Post
              1.Config that you sent for some reason is empty. Send the current config, or a link to the resource from where you downloaded the config.
              2. Check which mouse is blocked in the game, the virtual mouse created by reWASD, which is mapped to the stick, or your physical mouse that you use on a daily basis.
              3. Is this problem reproducible if reWASD is completely removed from your PC?
              why does the config even matter? if im uninstalling it completely and it's still effecting valorant I don't see how it would have anything to do with the config. it's probably empty because i reset settings a couple times. I don't know how to check #2, and yes, rewasd being uninstalled still causes the problem. I have never had this before i downloaded rewasd

Comment

rewasd being uninstalled still causes the problem
                Impossible, unless you failed to uninstall reWASD properly or Valorant is still bound to reWASD virtual mouse, which should not exist in your system anymore, making it a Valorant issue.

So the things you should do to resolve this issue are:
                • check if virtual devices created by reWASD are still in the system and remove them (either manually or by installing/uninstalling the reWASD once more).
                • look for Valorant settings files, where data about the mouse it's bound to is written (no, I don't know where it should be, check Google for that).
                • and if all of the above fails - ask Valorant support team for solution.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shion View Post
                  Impossible, unless you failed to uninstall reWASD properly or Valorant is still bound to reWASD virtual mouse, which should not exist in your system anymore, making it a Valorant issue.

So the things you should do to resolve this issue are:
                  • check if virtual devices created by reWASD are still in the system and remove them (either manually or by installing/uninstalling the reWASD once more).
                  • look for Valorant settings files, where data about the mouse it's bound to is written (no, I don't know where it should be, check Google for that).
                  • and if all of the above fails - ask Valorant support team for solution.
                  does rewasd do anything with registry? again, I've never had this issue until the time i opened valorant right after downloading rewasd

Comment

does rewasd do anything with registry?
                    It does nothing that can't be undone with uninstaller.

I've never had this issue until the time i opened valorant right after downloading rewasd
                    This doesn't change my suggestions.

Comment

Though I see you have black icons and probably two GPUs there. Is it a laptop? Windows 10? You might want to reset/update your video drivers. Black icons thing is not normal.

Comment

Hello rolphcaleb !

According to this and other threads on Reddit, black icons appear if Valorant is installed on the newest Windows version (2H21). This issue is not related to reWASD, and the game's developers are aware about it. I think you should contact their support team if you want it to be fixed faster or consider downgrading your system.

Comment

Working...
                        X