Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 10, version 21H1 installed (W10) and ReWASD doesn't recognize my gamepad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10, version 21H1 installed (W10) and ReWASD doesn't recognize my gamepad.

Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 installed (W10) and ReWASD doesn't recognize my gamepad.
    Tried restarting my PC and ReWASD, didn't help. Was running ReWASD 5.7.0.4022

And your gamepad is ...?

We have a list of officially supported gamepads here. Some gamepads that aren't listed there but support XInput might also get recognized by reWASD.

Comment

It's a wireless Xbox one controller. It has always worked with ReWASD until this morning. I tested with my old Xpadder and it works fine with that. ReWASD will not recognize it.

Comment

Here's a checklist for ya:
        • Check if you have your controller in [Preferences > Blacklist] of reWASD and remove it from there.
        • Try to unpair and pair your controller again at [Bluetooth & other devices] in Windows.
        • Update reWASD: latest version is 5.7.0.4038.
        • Connect your controller to PC via wire and update its firmware with Xbox App if its available.
        • Check if you have Steam Controller Support enabled for your controller and disable it: open [Steam Big Picture], then go to [Settings], [Controller Settings], and remove the mark from the controller you are trying to use with reWASD.
        • Check if you have any other remappers or 3rd party controller drivers installed and active in your system and disable/uninstall them. They might interfere with reWASD as some point.
        • Run reg-file attached (remove ".txt" at the end first) and restart your PC. Though you might want to backup these 3 keys of your registry first, just in case:
        Code:
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{d61ca365-5af4-4486-998b-9db4734c6ca3}\LowerFilters
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}\LowerFilters
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{05f5cfe2-4733-4950-a6bb-07aad01a3a84}\LowerFilters
        Attached Files

Comment

I am checking for an updated version within ReWASD. It tells me I am on the newest version ReWASD 5.7.0.4022. How do I get ver 5.7.0.4038?

Comment

I found the newer version and installed it. Didn't help. I will check the other stuff. Keep in mind, it has been working flawlessly since ver 5.7.0.4022. I changed nothing and suddenly ReWASD stopped recognizing my controller. There is still an issue with Rewasd not recognizing there is a newer version when using the update feature.

Comment

Check if you have your controller in [Preferences > Blacklist] of reWASD and remove it from there. I assume in my AV program? It is not black listed and I just white listed it. No change.

Try to unpair and pair your controller again at [Bluetooth & other devices] in Windows. I use the Xbox controller with their wireless adapter. It's in Human Interface Devices called Xbox Wireless Controller. It is not in the Bluetooth area. I turned it off and on. No change.

Update reWASD: latest version is 5.7.0.4038. I did but it does not update from within ReWASD. I manually updated from your download. No change.

Connect your controller to PC via wire and update its firmware with Xbox App if its available. I tried this before contacting you. I was already on the newest version. No change.

Check if you have Steam Controller Support enabled for your controller and disable it: open [Steam Big Picture], then go to [Settings], [Controller Settings], and remove the mark from the controller you are trying to use with reWASD. I removed the mark. When I open ReWASD to my standard mapping I created, I should be able to push a button on my controller and see that button activate in your program. It doesn't. None of my buttons being activated show in ReWASD. I don't think this is a Steam issue. No change.

Check if you have any other remappers or 3rd party controller drivers installed and active in your system and disable/uninstall them. They might interfere with reWASD as some point. I don't but if I open Xpadder, my controller works perfectly with it. It's not my settings or my Controller. It's ReWASD and maybe caused by the above mentioned Windows update IMO. No change.

Run reg-file attached (remove ".txt" at the end first) and restart your PC. Though you might want to backup these 3 keys of your registry first, just in case:
              Code:
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{d61ca365-5af4-4486-998b-9db4734c6ca3}\LowerFilters
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}\LowerFilters
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Cl ass\{05f5cfe2-4733-4950-a6bb-07aad01a3a84}\LowerFilters
              I did this and restarted my computer. No change.

Comment

If I go into ReWASD/Blacklist, It says "All connected devices are shown in ReWASD". This page is blank. Is this OK? Shouldn't my controller show up in here?

Comment

Hey there!

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have a few other things to check and try:

1. Which Xbox One controller do you have? Is it One S or One?
                  2. Could you please try to re-pair the controller with the adapter? You need to plug the adapter in, then plug the controller via USB, then disconnect the USB cable after the controller is recognized in the system. Then, it should be connected to the adapter again.
                  3. By the way, if you try the wired connection, does reWASD see it?
                  4. Have you tried to restart your PC after you unchecked the Steam's support?

Comment

Hey there!

Thank you for the detailed reply. I have a few other things to check and try:

1. Which Xbox One controller do you have? Is it One S or One? One wireless.
                    2. Could you please try to re-pair the controller with the adapter? I have a few times. I also uninstalled and reinstalled it. No change. You need to plug the adapter in, then plug the controller via USB, then disconnect the USB cable after the controller is recognized in the system. Then, it should be connected to the adapter again.
                    3. By the way, if you try the wired connection, does reWASD see it? I don't have a wired one but to be clear, my controller is working fine. I ran joy.cpl and it reads it perfectly. I also use it with Xpadder and it works fine. Just ReWASD stopped reading it.
                    4. Have you tried to restart your PC after you unchecked the Steam's support? Yes, no help. But wouldn't that only affect it in a Steam game? It is not working with ReWASD outside Steam.

Comment

Update: I used the autodetect associated apps feature which I wasn't using before. I associated the games EXE and the game used the ReWASD mapping. Not sure why this is required now all the sudden. When ReWASD is open on my desktop, when I activate the controller, it still doesn't show the button pushes in ReWASD which it also did before.

Comment

Originally Posted by Masterblaster View Post
                        Update: I used the autodetect associated apps feature which I wasn't using before. I associated the games EXE and the game used the ReWASD mapping. Not sure why this is required now all the sudden.
                        [Autodetect] is a feature to auto-apply selected config to a selected slot when associated app is in focus. There is no need to enable it if you're applying config manually.

Originally Posted by Masterblaster View Post
                        When ReWASD is open on my desktop, when I activate the controller, it still doesn't show the button pushes in ReWASD which it also did before.
                        [Hook controller buttons] must be enabled at [Preferences > General] for that.

Can you upload a screenshot of reWASD window in full once you've "activated the controller"?

Comment

OK, You are correct, I unchecked autodetect associated apps and it still worked in game.
                          I checked Hook Controller and it responds to input now. It seems to be working as normal now. Either the Windows update or the ReWASD update caused it not to work but now it is. I messed with so much, not sure what fixed it but thanks for your help. It is working great again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ReWASD.JPG
Views:	473
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	225894

Comment

Good news!

Comment

Working...
                            X